The Huawei Health app is the companion app for Huawei and Honor wearables. This app is available on both Playstore and the iOS app store. However, you might have a problem connecting or setting up a new Huawei/Honor wearable device when you download the app from any of these stores unless you have the latest version of the app. If you have tried pairing a new Huawei or Honor wearable to your phone and you got “Could not update device list” do not panic, the problem is that the version of the Huawei Health app you have is outdated. The remedy to this is to download the latest version of the Huawei Health app, and in this post will show you how to fix this so that you can connect your Huawei/Honor smartwatch or smartband to your smartphone.
If you have bought any Huawei or Honor wearable and you’re having a difficult time connecting to the Huawei Health app. It keeps telling you “Could not update device list. Check your network connection and try again” The solution is to download the latest version of the Huawei health app. Continue reading to see the various ways you can download the latest version of the Huawei Health app for your respective device.
The Huawei Health app is compatible with the following devices
- HarmonyOS 2+ (Huawei smartphones)
- Android 6.0+
- iOS 9.0+
Download the Latest Version of Huawei Health App
There are three ways you can get the latest version of the app. To download the Huawei Health app follow any of the following options that best describe your smartphone.
For Huawei Smartphone Owners
You can download the latest version of the Huawei Health app directly from the Huawei appGallery which comes preinstalled on Huawei smartphones.
For non-Huawei Android Smartphone Owners
- Download Huawei Health App Directly
- Download Huawei Health App from Huawei appGallery
- Scan the QR Code on The Packaging of the Wearable Device
You can download the latest version of the Huawei Health app directly by clicking the link https://appgallery.cloud.huawei.com/appdl/C10414141 This will allow you to download the app directly.
The second way for non-Huawei Android smartphone owners to download the app is to install it from the Huawei appGallery. Follow the https://appgallery.cloud.huawei.com/app/C10414141 to download and install Huawei appGallery. Once installed, you can search for the Huawei Health app and install it.
Another way to download the latest version of the Huawei Health app is to scan the QR Code on the box of the device with any QR code scanner of your choice. Choose open in browser, and this will take you to your browser where you can download and install the latest version of the Huawei Health app.
For iOS Users
iOS users can download the latest version of the Huawei Health app by searching for “Huawei Health” on the App Store, and then follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.
After installing, open the app, tap on devices at bottom of the page, select the device you wish to install, and you should see “Downloading data…Please wait” on the screen. This is actually updating the app to the latest version and it would take about 2 minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection.
Any of the aforementioned methods will allow you to install the latest version of the Huawei Health app so that you can pair your Huawei or Honor wearable successfully with your phone.
How to Connect Your Smartwatch/Smartband With Huawei Health App
- Once the app has been installed the next thing is to connect your device. First, turn on the wearable device that you want to connect to the app, once powered on, choose your language.
- Then open the Huawei Health app (make sure internet connection is active on your phone), sign up or register by tapping on the profile icon at the top right of the app.
- Once you have signed in, tap on devices at bottom of the page, click on add and scan for available devices. You should see your wearable name in the list of available devices.
- Click on the link to connect your device. The Huawei Health app will attempt to connect to your Smartwatch/Smartband. Once found, you should receive an alert on the device prompting you to accept the connection. Accept the connection and you have successfully connected your device to your phone.