Apple Watch SE (44mm) (GPS) Specifications/Features/Review and Price
- Release date:: September, 2020
- Display:: 1.78 inch, LTPO OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Silicone, Aluminum
- Battery Life:: 18hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Apple Watch SE (44mm) Specifications and Features – Released alongside Apple Watch Series 6 is the Apple Watch SE – a lower-end version lacking blood oxygen monitoring, ECG tracking, always-on display, and available in only aluminum materials. Yet, it’s a sophisticated smartwatch that’s very lightweight and loaded with lots of features that can help you reach more fitness goals and improve your productive life.
- Premium Design – Same Old Appearance
- Sleep Tracking Added
- Handwashing App
- Hearing Protection App
- Cycling App
- Floors Climbed, Calories, Fitness App
- Storage and Media
- WatchOs 7 – Family Setup Introduced
- Siri Updated
- Notifications and Performance
- Battery Life
The design of Watch SE isn’t any different from that of the Watch 6. It comes in a rectangular shape that is available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm. Both models are available in aluminum material. The screen is protected by sapphire glass material, while the interchangeable straps have been redesigned with the introduction of a stylish and innovative solo loop band made of silicone and a braided solo loop made of silicone and polyester materials. These materials are durable and with the lightweight design of the Watch SE, it’s very comfortable to wear.
The 1.78 inches display is still powered by LTPO OLED that’s very colorful, and the Watch SE has a 1000nits bright display that is very easy to read even outdoors. You can interact with Watch SE through the iconic digital crown with a haptic feedback mechanism and touchscreen support that makes this smartwatch very easy to operate. The Watch 6 is rated 5ATM which makes it waterproof up to 50 meters. It’s available in 3 colors; silver, gold, and space gray.
Watch SE welcomes new health tracking features which include sleep tracking with the new sleep app. With sleep tracking added, Watch SE tracks your sleep stages and can show how long you’ve slept. There are features such as Bedtime that can help you form a good sleeping routine and the Wake-Up feature that shows the weather and battery level of the Watch 6 to help you prepare your day ahead.
Watch SE also welcomes a handwashing app, that will guide you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds according to recommendations from global health authorities. It also reminds you to wash your hand when you get home.
Hearing protection which was introduced to Watch 5 has received improvements and can now alert you when you reach the recommended listening dose for a week. It also can help you set a maximum volume for your headphone.
Beyond these new fitness tracking features, the Watch SE also has the new cycling map app that shows directions and can help cycling enthusiasts find the best route as well as search nearby places.
Watch SE also tracks floors climbed with the always-on altimeter and tracks your calories, distance, and more. The activity app has been redesigned and renamed to the fitness app with the addition of 4 workouts mode. Apple also launched a fitness plan service that features workout plans and coaching from professionals around the world. You get 3 months free trial when you buy the Watch 6 or SE, after that, it’s $9.99 per month on subscription.
Watch SE comes with both a microphone and loudspeaker as well as a 32GB storage capacity that lets you stream, download, and enjoy your favorite tracks right on the watch. You can make and receive calls from the GPS model but must be connected to your phone.
WatchOS 7 is the new operating system that powers the Watch 6, SE, 5, 4, and 3. It comes with new features life watch face sharing and a family setup that allows family members without an iPhone, but own an Apple Watch to still enjoy the benefits of an Apple Watch. It also brings the emoji app that allows you to create and share emojis as stickers in messages or use it as a watch face. Other features include the Find My App that shows the location of a family member and more.
Siri has been improved to now be able to translate spoken words into a different language. It also now processes the request on the watch rather than on the iPhone which makes responses faster and more accurate. You can add shortcuts you created on your phone to the watch as complications using the widget feature.
Watch SE pairs with the Apple Watch app which enables it to sync data from your iPhone to the watch. So when you receive a notification on your phone, you get the alert. It also allows you to reply to messages with text replies from the watch.
And with the S5 chip, the Watch SE offers fast performance. There is also Apple Pay that allows you to make payments directly from Watch SE.
The battery life of Watch SE has not improved, but you still can get up to 18 hours of battery life despite all the new features.
Apple Watch SE (44mm) Features
- Comes with a 1.57 inch LTPO OLED powered display with sapphire glass protecting the screen. Navigation is via touchscreen , 1 physical button and a digital rotating crown with hepatic feedback mechanism.
- The case is made of 100% recycled aluminum. The straps come in loop design. Solo Loop comes in two lightweight, ultracomfortable materials; soft silicone and braided yarn. With no buckles or clasps, it easily slides on and off the wrist. And with nine sizes, there’s sure to be an ideal fit for everyone. The strap size width is 22mm(40mm) and 24mm(44mm), both are interchangeable.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker(50% louder) that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 32GB (GPS + Cellular)/(GPS ONLY) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- Apps can be accessed directly from your wrist.
- Features international calling that lets call respective emergency contacts of almost anywhere in the world.
- Added watch face sharing that allows you to create and share watch faces from the Apple Watch.
- Added emoji app that allows you to send emojis as stickers through messages and links or use the emoji as watch face.
- Added Family setup – a feature that allows family members who own an Apple Watch but don’t own an iPhone to still enjoy all the benefits of an Apple Watch by connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone.
- Added “Find my App” – an application that alerts you when a family member gets home as well as allows you to monitor the exact location of a family member.
- Added “Smart money” – a feature that allows you send money though the Apple cash family app.
- New: Siri has been updated and can now translate spoken words to a different language (10 languages supported).
- Get access to Apple Music with over 74 million tracks of musical motivation on your wrist. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook
- The battery life Watch SE is about a day with normal usage.
Apple Watch SE (44mm) Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming. 4 new workout modes added.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Can pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can also compete with friends.
- Incidental fall detection can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialling a preset emergency contacts if the watch detects a fall and you’re unresponsive for a given time.
- Menstrual cycle tracking that allows you to log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes.
- Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Added handwashing app that guides you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds inline with WHO recommendations as well as reminds you to wash your hands when you get home which can help prevent Covid-19.
- Added cycling map app that can help you find the perfect lane to follow as well as allows you to search nearby places.
- NEW hearing protection has been improved to be able to alert you when you reach the weekly listening dose as recommended by global health authorities.
- Added sleep tracking that tracks your sleep comprehensively and shows your sleep stages and how long you slept.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real time as you climb up or down.
- Get access to Apple Fitness+ – a premium fitness service powered by Apple Watch that gives you access to world-class workouts by world’s best trainers. Workout metrics can also be synced to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- Equipped with a built-in compass that lets you easily navigate and find your bearing.
Apple Watch SE Review
(44mm), (GPS), Apple Watch SE
Apple Watch Hermès, Apple Watch Nike+
44 x 38 x 10.4mm
Bezeless, Sapphire glass
Gold, Gray, Silver
1000nit, LTPO OLED
448 x 368 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
Apple S5 chip (64bits)
Apple Watch App
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch SE, Charger, Manual, Straps