Apple Watch Series 5 (40mm) (Cellular) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2019
- Display:: 1.57 inch, OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Elastomer, Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 18hrs+
- Storage:: 0.768GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(2.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 5 Specifications and Features – The Apple Watch 5 is the latest smartwatch from Apple, it succeeds the now discontinued Apple Watch 4. The Watch 5 comes in a sophisticated design that’s classy and very slim with a wide 1.78-inch display while having 32GB storage, inbuilt loudspeaker, and microphone with new offerings such as noise app, always-on display, international calling, App store now on Watch 5, menstrual cycle tracking, and has about 18 hours battery life on mixed usage.
The Watch 5 is a beauty to behold, it’s available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm, and also available in two models; GPS only and GPS + Cellular. The GPS model is made of aluminum, while the GPS + Cellular model is available in aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic, with prices going up in that other.
The Watch 5 has a very wide 1.78 inch(44mm), 1.57 inch(40mm) display, yet compact. It features the infographic display introduced to the Watch 4 which allows you to see more complication at a glance, while also featuring the innovative digital crown button with hepatic feedback that offers a click-like feel as you scroll, in addition to a touchscreen and a physical button which no doubt makes navigation a bliss on this device.
The Watch 5 being a standalone smartwatch allows you to call, text, and stream the entire Apple music library, while also introducing international emergency calling that enables you to call emergency contacts in almost anywhere in the world.
The Watch 5 is available in two special editions; Apple Watch Nike available in silver and space gray aluminum and Apple Watch Hermès available in polished stainless steel and space black stainless steel.
Difference Between Apple Watch Series 5 GPS vs Cellular
The Watch 5 comes in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm and is available in two models; GPS only and GPS+cellular. The difference between these two is that the latter is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to make and receive calls directly from the device independent of your phone. Moreover, it’s available in aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic material, unlike the GPS model that’s only available in aluminum material.
Apple Watch Series 5 (40mm) (Cellular) Features
- It comes with a 1.57 inches always-on OLED display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button and digital crown with haptic feedback.
- Ion-X glass covers the display of the aluminium model, while Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the stainless steel and titanium models.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Available in aluminium, stainless steel or titanium materials with a ceramic and sapphire crystal back. The straps are interchangeable and come in 22mm for (40mm) and 24mm for (44mm).
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker(50% louder) that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 32GB (GPS + Cellular)/(GPS ONLY) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
- Added Apps are now accessible directly from your wrist.
- Added international calling that lets you call respective emergency contacts in almost anywhere in the world.
Apple Watch Series 5 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Tracks your sleep cycle and stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as well compete with friends.
- ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialling preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred.
- Added menstrual cycle tracking that allow you log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes.
- Added Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real time as you climb up or down.
- Equipped with a built-in compass that lets you easily navigate and find your bearing.
- Premium design, stylish, classy and lightweight.
- A comprehensive activity tracker.
- Onboard 32GB storage capacity.
- Inbuilt microphone and loudspeaker.
- A standalone smartwatch.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- Emergency SOS and international calling.
- Accidental fall detection.
- Always-on display.
- You now access your favorite apps directly from the Watch 5.
- Battery life isn’t so impressive.
Apple Watch Series 5 Review
(Cellular), (Discontinued), Apple Watch Series 5
Apple Watch Series 4
Apple Watch Series 6
Apple Watch Hermès, Apple Watch Nike+
40 x 34 x 10.7mm
36.7g (GPS + Cellular)
Aluminum, Ceramic/Sapphire crystal back, Stainless steel, Titanium
Bezeless, Sapphire glass
Gold, Gray, Silver
324 x 394 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
Apple S5 chip (64bits)
Apple Watch App
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 5, Charger, Manual, Straps
There are no reviews yet.