Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: June, 2018
- Display:: 1.2 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Titanium, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 18 days+
- Storage:: 16GB ROM
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and iOS 11.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.1 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.3 / 5)|
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Specifications and Features – The Fenix 5X Plus is a premium multisport GPS smartwatch loaded with lots of activity tracking features including the full color TOPO US maps with trendline popularity routing, and a very impressive long battery life that keeps you going for weeks. It’s made with premium materials, the reinforced-polymer case, stainless steel or titanium bezel and domed sapphire crystal glass.
The Fenix 5X Plus being a multisport GPS smartwatch is fully equipped to track your active life. Beyond the heart rate, sleep, and stress tracking features, newly added features include incidental fall detection that allow you seek help by holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times. This automatically sends your location to preset emergency contacts (phone and watch must be connected).
The Fenix 5X saw the introduction of TOPO US maps, however, the Fenix 5X Plus features full color TOPO US maps that comes preloaded with map data optimized for at a glance navigation and location tracking, including Trendline popularity routing, which uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes – a tool that comes handy for cyclists and runners.
The Fenix 5 Plus series consists of three multisport GPS smartwatches; the Fenix 5 Plus, Fenix 5S Plus and the higher-end Fenix 5X Plus with the biggest case size.
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Features
- 1.2 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors, and touchscreen.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Up to 20 days long battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof).
- 26mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- 16GB ROM onboard storage capacity.
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Activity Tracking Features
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Added incidental fall detection and assistant feature that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. Holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature).
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting and available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
In addition are, training load, training status and training that let you see how productive your training has been overtime and can help you plan and train more effectively.
Other training and planning tools includes auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time and HRV stress test that measures your stress level instantly.
- Running features includes, GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also supports open water swimming, and measures distance, strokes, SWOLF, calories and pace. There are available pool swimming workouts to choose from.
- Tactical features include dual grid coordinates that let you save your current location and you can navigate back to same location later.
- Features the Running power app available on the Garmin App store, the power app analysis your pace and vertical oscillation to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground, helping you run at your pace.
- Added TOPO US mapping that enables at a glance navigation and location tracking, including round-trip runs and ride that enable you enter a distance with appropriate course suggestion, and easy to read guidance cues that provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns. And for cyclists and runners, there’s Trendline popularity routing that uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes.
- Added Wrist-base pulse OX sensor that monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Review
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|