Garmin Fenix 7 Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: January, 2022
- Display:: 1.3 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 18 days
- Storage:: 16GB ROM
- Compatibility:: Android 7.0+ and iOS 13.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.4 / 5)|
Garmin Fenix 7 Full Specifications, Features, Pros and Cons – The Fenix 7 series comes in three sizes; 42mm, 47mm and 51mm just like the Fenix 6 series. The new Fenix 7 units welcome a touchscreen display, longer battery life, new HIIT workout mode, new sport profiles, preloaded maps, a revamped interface with the Garmin Connect app now onboard the watch. The Fenix 7 is the mid-size unit and it comes in three different models; Fenix 7 standard, Fenix 7 Solar and Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar.
Garmin Fenix 7 Models
The Fenix 7 comes in three models;
Features New to the Fenix 7 Series
- Every model in the Fenix 7 series has a touch-sensitive display unlike their respective predecessor.
- User interface has been revamped to a great extent.
- Fenix 7X units feature a flashlight that suports SOS mode, strobe mode, and running white/red mode.
- Although a limited version, the Garmin Connect app is now available on-wrist in all models.
- Heart rate sensor have been optimized on all models.
- Health Snapshot that lets you log a 2 minute session of your heart rate, heart rate variability, respiration, blood oxygen and stress is now available in all models. This feature has been added to the Fenix 6 series.
- Free downloadable TopoActive maps is available in all models. Only Sapphire models come with preloaded Topo maps.
- Free downloadable road/trail maps are also available. Only the Sapphire models come with preloaded road/trail maps.
- Preloaded Ski and Golf maps are also available in all Fenix 7 series models. Moreover, SkiView now contain slope and resort names.
- Added Cross Country Ski Trails to maps.
- Added RealTime Stamina – A feature that is used during runs and rides.
- Added the ability to configure activity profiles and data fields from your phone.
- Added a new Sleep Manager Settings that lets you customize what the device does while you sleep.
- Added automatic graphing for run/walk/stand during a workout.
- There is now a map manager app that lets you manage and download maps directly from your wrist.
- Added Race predictor in all the models.
- Multi-band satellite positioning is available in only Sapphire Solar models.
- Added more sport profiles such as kiteboard and windsurf.
- HIIT has been added to the list of available gym activity profiles.
- Each model in the Fenix 7 series has a longer battery life that its Fenix 6 series predecessor.
- Always-on Solar is now available in Sapphire models.
Garmin Fenix 7S – Design, Display, Storage, Battery Life and More
The Fenix 7 Standard and Solar both have a very durable build made of fiber-polymer material with a stainless steel rear cover. The bezel is made of stainless steel while the 22mm straps come in a silicone material. The straps are interchangeable, so you can always change them if you so wish. Corning Gorilla Glass DX protects the display of Fenix 7 base model while Power glass covers that of the Solar model.
The 1.3 inches display is powered by transflective memory-in-pixel which is quite colorful at 280×280 pixels and 282 PPI. Unlike the Fenix 6, the display is now touchscreen in addition to 5 physical buttons that no doubt make navigating the device easier. Even more, is the revamped interface with the Garmin Connect app now available on the watch.
You get 16GB of storage with the Fenix 7 Standard and Solar units, and supported music services include Amazon Music, Spotify and Deezer. You can download your playlists from any of these services then pair a Bluetooth headphone to listen to music offline.
The Fenix 7 units are well equipped to track all your daily activities. It will track your sleep in four stages as well as deliver a score. It will also track your heart rate 24/7, stress, blood oxygen, calories, steps and floors climbed.
The units are also equipped with the ability to track your respiratory rate, hydration rate plus incidental fall detection that lets the watch send your location and call a preset emergency contact when it detects a hard fall and your phone is nearby. Onscreen animated workout and health snapshot are also available.
The Fenix 7 Standard and Solar units come with preloaded ski resort maps And you have the option to download topo maps as well as road/trail maps over WiFi from the watch using the new map manager app.
The Fenix 7 has a whopping long battery life of up to 18 days and up to 22 days with solar. In GPS only mode, you get up to 57hrs and up to 73hrs with solar. It’s one of the longest battery life you will find on the market.
Garmin Fenix 7 Standard/7 Sapphire Solar Features
- 1.3 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors. Touchscreen display with 5 physical buttons.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Garmin Connect app now available on the watch. (NEW)
- Features widget watch face that lets you add your favorite complications.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only). Also reply to notifications with preset replies.
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates recieved on your phone.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- 16GB onboard storage capacity with support for streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon Music. You can also download playlists then listen via a Bluetooth headphone.
Garmin Fenix 7 Standard/7 Sapphire Solar Activity Tracking Features
- Safety and Tracking features include,
- Tactical features include,
- Activity Tracking features include ,
- Gym and Fitness Equipment include ,
- Training, Planning, and Analysis features include ,
- Heart Rate Tracking features includes,
- Running features include ,
- Golfing features includes,
- Outdoor recreational features includes,
- Cycling features include ,
- Swim tracking features includes,
LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities. Others include incidental fall detection that enables the watch call a preset emergency contact (phone must be enarby), live event sharing that lets you share your training activities with members of the Garmin Connect community, plus Group LiveTrack and Assistance.
Steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance traveled, intensity minutes, fitness age, TrueUp, Move IQ, and all-day stress tracking.
Cardio, strength. HIIT, and pilates workouts. Others include onscreen animated workouts and automatic rep counting. Available gym profiles are strength, HIIT, cardio and elliptical training, stair-stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, pilates and yoga.
Downloadable training plans, respiration rate (during exercise), customizable activity profiles, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
Others are training load, training status, training effect, improved recovery time, daily suggested workouts, Trendline™ Popularity Routing, auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance, custom alerts and more.
HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max, %HRR, HRV stress test, recovery time and HR broadcast data to paired device.
GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue and PacePro.
Available run profiles include running, track running, treadmill running, indoor track running, trail running, virtual running and ultra running.
Yardage to layups, yardage to front/middle/back, measures short distance, digital scorecard, custom targets, full vector map, auto courseview updates, hazards and course targets, pinpointer, playslike distance, touch-targeting, handicap scoring, Truswing compatible, round timer, tournament legal and preloaded with 42000 courses worldwide.
Point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in real-time, back to start, TracBack, UltraTrac mode, around me mode, up ahead, elevation profile, distance to destination, barometric trend indicator with storm alert, ClimbPro ascent planner, total descent/ascent, future elevation plot, preloaded ski resort maps and more. Downloadable topographical maps, road and trail maps are available.
Available outdoor recreational profiles include hiking, indoor climbing, bouldering, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, stand-up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, surfing, hunting, jumpmaster, tactical, kiteboard, windsurf and snowshoe.
time/distance alerts, courses, cycle map (routable), MTB grit and flow, bike lap and lap max. power, race an activity, functional threshold power, compatible with Vector™, power meter compatible, advanced vector support, compatible with Varia Vision™, compatible with Varia™ Radar, compatible with Varia™ Lights and supports speed and cadence sensor.
Available cycling profiles include biking, indoor biking, mountain biking and triathlon.
Drill logging (pool swim only), basic rest timer (pool swim only), auto rest (pool swim only), time/distance alerts, pacing alerts (pool swim only), countdown start (pool swim only), pool swim workouts, critical swim speed and underwater wrist-based heart rate.
Open-water swim metrics include distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, swim efficiency (SWOLF) and calories.
Pool swim metrics include lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF) and calories.
Stroke type detection includes freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly (pool swim only). Available swim profiles include pool swimming, open water swimming and swimming/running.
Garmin Fenix 7 Review
Garmin Fenix 7
Garmin Fenix 6
Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar, Fenix 7 Solar, Fenix 7 Standard
47 x 47 x 14.5 mm
Silver case/grahite band, Slate-gray case/black band (Solar)
LCD, Memory-in-pixel (MIP), transflective
260 x 260 px
|Custom watch face||
5 Physical buttons, Touchscreen
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||
Battery saver mode: Up to 57 days (173 days with solar), GPS only mode: Up to 57hrs (73hrs with solar), Smartwatch mode: Up to 18 days (22 days with solar)
Android 7.0+, iOS 13.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Fenix 7, Manual, Straps