Garmin Forerunner 645 Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: November, 2017
- Display:: 1.2 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 7 days
- Compatibility:: Android and iOS
|Design:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
Garmin Forerunner 645 Specifications and Features – The Forerunner 645 is a comprehensive fitness smartwatch with an outstanding lightweight and decent-looking design, and long battery life. It’s the cheaper version of the 645 Music with onboard music storage which the 645 lacks, as well as lacks incidental fall detection also present on the higher-end version.
The Forerunner 645 is a sturdy device with a case made of reinforced fiber-polymer, 20mm interchangeable silicone straps that are comfortable to wear all day long. While the screen is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and a stainless steel bezel that leaves it with a classic appearance that’s both stylish and elegant.
Equipped with a broad range of sensors, the Forerunner 645 is able to track lots of activities, including all-day stress tracking, fitness age, and LiveTrack that enable you to connect with other members of the Garmin Connect community. Beyond that, it tracks your sleep, heart rate, calories plus inbuilt multi-satellite GPS sensors and lots of performance and planning tools for the Pros.
The Forerunner 645 is able to keep you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
Garmin Forerunner 645 Features
- 1.2 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
Garmin Forerunner 645 Activity Tracking Features
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting and available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
In addition, are training load, training status, and training that let you see how productive your training has been over time and can help you plan and train more effectively.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time.
- Running features include GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition, and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue (Track these data in combination with compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod sold separately) .
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total descent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddleboarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also tracks strokes, SWOLF, calories and pace.
Garmin Forerunner 645 Review
Garmin Forerunner 645
Garmin Forerunner 645, Garmin Forerunner 645 Music
42.5 x 42.5 x 13.5 mm
Black, Rose-gold, Sandstone
LCD, Memory-in-pixel (MIP), transflective
240 x 240 px
|Custom watch face||
(not touchscreen), 5 Physical buttons
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||
GPS mode: 14hrs, Smartwatch mode: 7 days
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Forerunner 645, Manual, Straps