Garmin Venu Specifications and Features – The Garmin Venu is a fine-looking fitness smartwatch with a remarkable design that’s both classy and stylish. The Venu released alongside the Vivoactive 4/4S has a 1.2 inches AMOLED powered display that offers such a high interactive and lively display that’s captivating to watch. The Venu comes equipped with more fitness tracking features than the Vivoactive 3 which makes it a more comprehensive activity tracker. It also has a quite long battery life that lets you go long on a single charge while also being able to keep you connected to all that matters to you.
The 12.7 mm thick Venu supports touchscreen with two buttons by the side to aid navigation. The Venu is fully equipped with all the standard sensors to track your active life comprehensively with hydration tracking, respiration tracking, body battery energy monitor, 20 preloaded sport modes and animated workouts that coach you through your favorite moves all added. While also being equipped with ANT+, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to keep you connected to all that matters to you.
The Venu also has a long battery life that lets you go about 5 days on a single charge, plus support for onboard music storage that lets you take over 500 of your favorite tracks with you.
The Vivoactive 4 series consists of the Vivoactive 4 and the smaller 4S, plus the Venu which is powered by AMOLED display. There’s also the special edition of the Vivoactive 4 and 4S in the place of Captain Marvel for the 4S and First Avengers for the 4 respectively.
Garmin Venu Features
- 1.2 inches AMOLED display, highly interactive and lively, and touchscreen.
- Up to 5 days long battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Clock features: Time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- ANT+, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 11.0+ devices.
- Sync data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- Onboard music storage that lets you take your favorite tracks with you on the go, as well download from your favorite apps such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon music.
Garmin Venu Activity Tracking Features
- 20 Preloaded sport modes.
- Animated workouts that can coach you through your favorite moves, helping you save on training videos.
- Added hydration tracking that lets you log your daily water intake to help you stay hydrated and see how consistent you are from day to day.
- Added respiration tracking that tracks how well you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep and during training activities.
- Added body battery energy monitor that tracks your body energy throughout the day so that you can find the best time to train or rest.
- Added pulse Ox sensor that tracks your blood oxygen level during the day and while you sleep to help you see how well your body absorbs oxygen.
- Advance sleep monitoring that tracks the three sleep stages; light, deep and REM with data from pulse ox and respiration tracking for a more detailed and accurate sleep analysis.
- Added wrist-based underwater heart rate tracking that tracks your heart rate while you swim, which can help you manage your training intensity more productively.
- Garmin coach is your personal running coach right on your wrist that can coach you through your next 5k, 10, or even longer goals.
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and incidental fall detection that automatically sends your location to preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred (phone must be connected to watch to enable this features).
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting and available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
- Running features includes, GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
- Log and track cycles with the Garmin menstrual cycle tracking feature that can help you detect physical and emotional symptoms.
Garmin Venu Review