Suunto 5 Full Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: May, 2019
- Display:: 1.3 inches, Matrix LCD, Touchscreen
- Body:: 66 grams, Polyamide
- Battery Life:: 7 days
- Compatibility:: Android and iOS
|Design:||(3.9 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.1 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.3 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.8 / 5)|
Suunto 5 full specifications and features: The Suunto 5 is a lower-end sport smartwatch when compared to Suunto 9 and 9 Baro. It, however, is equipped with decent features that makes it a comprehensive fitness tracker. It’s equipped to track your daily activities such as heart rate, fitness level, calories, sleep, steps, outdoor sports such as location and routes tracking. It also has a long battery life that lets you go long from a single charge, thanks to its intelligent battery manager technology that will see this device last up to 7 days in mixed usage and 40hrs with continuous GPS tracking.
The body build is also sturdy, the case material is made of durable glass fibre reinforced polycarbonate, while the straps are made of silicone that’s comfortable to wear. The bezel material is stainless steel which leaves it with a somewhat classic appearance. 1.3 Matrix LCD display is bright and easy to read outdoors, although not so vivid, while the screen is protected by mineral glass.
The Suunto 5 is also equipped to keep you connected to all that matters to you as it will notify you when there’s a new notification on your phone. The Suunto app is your fitness companion on this watch, it allows you to manage your fitness goals.
Suunto 5 Features
- 1.3 inches Matrix LCD and bright display.
- 5 physical buttons, not touchscreen.
- Customizable watch face and 22mm interchangeable silicone straps.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM, waterproof upto 50meters makes it swim-proof and ideal to wear to the pool or ocean.
- 7 days battery life on mixed usage.
Suunto 5 Fitness Features
- Tracks your heart rate continoiusly and calories.
- Tracks your complete sleep cycle.
- Inbuilt GPS enables it track your outdoor activities such as locations, distance and pace.
- Features offline maps.
- Over 80 Preloaded sport modes.
- Tracks elevation and weather information.
- Tracks your heart rate while swimming.
- Tracks activities such as training effects, training load, recovery and overall fitness level.
- Supports sport services such as Strava, Endomondo, MapMyRun and more.
46 x 46 x 14.6 mm
Glass Fiber, Polycarbonate
Black, Burgundy, Graphite/copper, White
Active Matrix LCD
218 x 218 px
|Custom watch face||
5 Physical buttons
Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE
BEIDOU, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||
GPS: 20hrs, Regular: 7 days, Standby mode: 14 days
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Straps, Suunto 5