Apple Watch Series 6 (44mm) (Cellular) Full Specifications – Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2020
- Display:: 1.78 inch, LTPO OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Silicone, Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 18hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.3 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 6 Specifications and Features – Apple Watch Series 6 drops today, and it’s a big bang. The Watch 6 drops with WatchOS 7 out of the box. It’s no doubt one of the best smartwatches in the world. Watch 6 was released alongside Watch SE – a lower-end version, and it comes with a brighter display, improved performance, sleep tracking, blood oxygen monitoring, ECG, and incidental fall detection with 32GB storage and 18 hours of battery life.
- Premium Desing – Same Old Apperance
- Sleep Tracking Added
- Handwashing App and Blood Oxygen Monitoring
- Hearing Protection App
- ECG, Incidental Fall Detection, Cycling App
- Floors climbed, Calories, Fitness app
- Storage and Media
- WatchOs 7
- Siri Updated
- Notifications and Performance
- Battery Life
The design of Watch 6 isn’t any different from that of its predecessor, Watch 5. It comes in a rectangular shape that is available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm. Both models are available in aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium case materials. The screen is protected by sapphire glass material, while the interchangeable straps have been redesigned with the introduction of a stylish and innovative solo loop band made of silicone and a braided solo loop made of silicone and polyester materials. These materials are durable and with the lightweight design of the Watch 6, it’s very comfortable to wear.
The 1.78 inches display is still powered by LTPO OLED that’s very colorful, but the Watch 6 has a 2.5x brighter display than its predecessor and is always-on. You can interact with Watch 6 through the iconic digital crown with a haptic feedback mechanism and touchscreen support that makes this smartwatch very easy to operate. The Watch 6 is rated 5ATM which makes it waterproof up to 50 meters. The aluminum model is available in 5 colors; silver, gold, space gray, blue and red, while the stainless steel model is available in 3 color options; graphite, gray, gold PVD, and the titanium model are available in 2 colors; titanium and space gray colors.
Watch 6 welcomes new health tracking features which include sleep tracking and blood oxygen monitoring. With sleep tracking added, Watch 6 tracks your sleep stages and can show how long you’ve slept. There are features such as Bedtime that can help you form a good sleeping routine and the Wake-Up feature that shows the weather and battery level of the Watch 6 to help you prepare your day ahead.
With blood oxygen monitoring, Watch 6 can now measure your blood oxygen to identify how well your blood absorbs oxygen. Watch 6 also welcomes a handwashing app, that will guide you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds according to recommendations from global health authorities. It also reminds you to wash your hand when you get home.
Hearing protection which was introduced to Watch 5 has received improvements and can now alert you when you reach the recommended listening dose for a week. It also can help you set a maximum volume for your headphone.
Beyond these new fitness tracking features, the Watch 6 also has ECG tracking that can detect irregular heart rhythms and can help prevent atrial fibrillation, incidental fall detection, international emergency calling, and the new cycling map app that shows directions and can help cycling enthusiasts find the best route as well as search nearby places.
Watch 6 also tracks floors climbed with the always-on altimeter and tracks your calories, distance, and more. The activity app has been redesigned and renamed to the fitness app with the addition of 4 workouts mode. Apple also launched a fitness plan service that features workout plans and coaching from professionals around the world. You get 3 months free trial when you buy the Watch 6 or SE, after that, it’s $9.99 per month on subscription.
Watch 6 comes with both a microphone and loudspeaker as well as a 32GB storage capacity that lets you stream, download, and enjoy your favorite tracks right on the watch. You can make and receive calls from the GPS model but must be connected to your phone, while the Cellular models are standalone smartwatches that allow you to make and receive calls as well as keeps you connected independent of an iPhone.
WatchOS 7 is the new operating system that powers the Watch 6, SE, 5, 4, and 3. It comes with new features life watch face sharing and a family setup that allows family members without an iPhone, but own an Apple Watch to still enjoy the benefits of an Apple Watch. It also brings the emoji app that allows you to create and share emojis as stickers in messages or use it as a watch face. Other features include the Find My App that shows the location of a family member and more.
Siri has been improved to now be able to translate spoken words into a different language. It also now processes the request on the watch rather than on the iPhone which makes responses faster and more accurate. You can add shortcuts you created on your phone to the watch as complications using the widget feature.
Watch 6 pairs with the Apple Watch app which enables it to sync data from your iPhone to the watch. So when you receive a notification on your phone, you get the alert. It also allows you to reply to messages with text replies from the watch.
And with the S6 chip, the Watch 6 is 20x faster than Watch SE. Thus, it offers better performance. There is also Apple Pay that allows you to make payments directly from Watch 6.
The battery life of Watch 6 has not improved, but you still can get up to 18 hours of battery life despite all the new features.
Apple Watch Series 6 (44mm) (Cellular) Features
- It is equipped with a 1.78 inches LTPO OLED always-on display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button and digital crown with hepatic feedback.
- Ion-X glass covers the display of the aluminum model, while Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the stainless steel and titanium models.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- You can customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Available in three materials; aluminum, stainless steel and titanium with Ceramic and sapphire crystal back . GPS/Cellular model comes in all three materials, while GPS only model is available in aluminum material. The straps are interchangeable and come in 22mm for (40mm) and 24mm for (44mm).
- Aluminum model is available in Silver, Space gray, gold, blue and red colors. Stainless steel model is available in Silver, Graphite and Gold colors, while Titanium model is available in Titanium and Space black colors.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Compatible with iPhone 6s+ and iOS 14.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri with a 50% louder loudspeaker that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 32GB (GPS + Cellular)/(GPS only) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Get access to Apple Music with over 74 million tracks of musical motivation on your wrist. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay (Not supported in all countries) .
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
- Apps can be accessed directly from your wrist.
- International calling that lets call respective emergency contacts in almost anywhere in the world.
- Added watch face sharing that allows you to create and share watch faces from the Apple Watch.
- Added emoji app that allows you to send emojis as stickers through messages and links or use the emoji as watch face.
- Added Family setup – a feature that allows family members who own an Apple Watch but don’t own an iPhone to still enjoy all the benefits of an Apple Watch by connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone.
- Added “Find my App” – an application that alerts you when a family member gets home as well as allows you to monitor the exact location of a family member.
- Added “Smart money” – a feature that allows you send money though the Apple cash family app.
- New: Siri has been updated and can now translate spoken words to a different language (10 languages supported).
Apple Watch Series 6 Fitness Tracking Features
- Comes with preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming. 4 new workout modes added.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Can pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features a Breath App that can help you return back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- With inbuilt GPS, you can track outdoor activities, so that you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Equipped with a third-generation Heart rate sensor that tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training effortlessly.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise help monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as also compete with friends.
- Features ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Features incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialling preset emergency contacts if the watch detects a fall and you’re unresponsive for a given time.
- Menstrual cycle tracking that allow you log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes.
- Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Added handwashing app that guides you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds inline with WHO recommendations as well as reminds you to wash your hands when you get home which can help prevent Covid-19.
- Added cycling map app that can help you find the perfect lane to follow as well as allows you to search nearby places.
- NEW hearing protection has been improved to be able to alert you when you reach the weekly listening dose as recommended by health authorities.
- Added sleep tracking that tracks your sleep comprehensively and shows your sleep stages and how long you slept.
- Added blood oxygen tracking that tracks your blood oxygen levels to determine how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real time as you climb up or down.
- Get access to Apple Fitness+ – a premium fitness service powered by Apple Watch that gives you access to world-class workouts by world’s best trainers. Workout metrics can also be synced to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- Equipped with a built-in compass that lets you easily navigate and find your bearing.
Apple Watch Series 6 Review
(44mm), (Cellular), (Discontinued), Apple Watch Series 6
Apple Watch Series 5
Apple Watch Series 7
Apple Watch Hermès, Apple Watch Nike+
44 x 38 x 10.4mm
Aluminum, Stainless steel, Titanium
Bezeless, Sapphire glass
Black, Blue, Gold, Gold PVD, Graphite, Gray, Red, Silver, Titanium
1000nit, LTPO OLED
448 x 368 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
GSM / HSPA / LTE
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
Apple S6 (64bits)
Apple Watch App
iOS 14.0+, iPhone 6s+
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 6, Charger, Manual, Straps