Garmin Fenix 5 Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: March, 2017
- Display:: 1.2 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 13 days+
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and iOS 11.0+
|Design:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.7 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Garmin Fenix 5 Specifications and Features – The Fenix 5 is a premium multisport GPS smartwatch with a rugged design, built for the great outdoors including loads of activity tracking features and has a long battery life that lets you go days on a single charge.
The 1.2 inches Fenix 5 uses transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) that’s bright and easy to read outdoors, while the body is built to last with reinforced polymer material with a stainless steel bezel that adds some style to its appearance leaving it with a classic and elegant appearance. There’s a special edition of the Fenix 5 that comes with a sapphire glass crystal that’s more durable and stronger but will cost you more money.
The Fenix 5 comes with all the standard sensors onboard, preloaded sport modes, including a long list of activity tracking features that include continuous heart rate monitoring, sleep, stress, training, and planning tools as well as running tools and a great choice for outdoor activity tracking.
The Fenix 5 series consists of three smartwatches; the Fenix 5, Fenix 5S and Fenix 5X. The Fenix 5S has the smallest 42mm case size while the 5X has the biggest 51mm case size, and has Topo map featured.
Garmin Fenix 5 Features
- 1.2 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors, and touchscreen.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Up to 14 days long battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting and available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
, In addition, are training load, training status, and training that let you see how productive your training has been overtime and can help you plan and train more effectively.
Other training and planning tools includes auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time, and HRV stress test that measures your stress level instantly.
- Running features include , GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also supports open water swimming, and measures distance, strokes, SWOLF, calories and pace. There are available pool swimming workouts to choose from.
- Tactical features include dual grid coordinates that let you save your current location and you can navigate back to same location later.
- Features the Running power app available on the Garmin App store, the power app analysis your pace and vertical oscillation to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground, helping you run at your pace.
Garmin Fenix 5 Activity Features
Garmin Fenix 5 Review
Garmin Fenix 5
Garmin Fenix 3
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
Garmin Fenix 5, Garmin Fenix 5S, Garmin Fenix 5X
47 x 47 x 15.5 mm
Silicone, Stainless steel
LCD, Memory-in-pixel (MIP), transflective
240 x 240 px
|Custom watch face|
5 Physical buttons
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
GPS/HR mode: Up to 24 hours, Smartwatch mode: Up to 2 weeks, Ultratrac: up to 60hrs
Android 5.0+, iOS 11.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Fenix 5, Manual, Straps