Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2017
- Display:: 1.5 inch, OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Elastomer, Aluminum
- Battery Life:: 18hrs+
- Storage:: 0.768GB RAM, 8GB/16GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Battery:||(2.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 3 Specifications and Features – The Watch Series 3 is a comprehensive fitness smartwatch with a decent stylish design and hosts lots of features which include 16GB onboard storage, an inbuilt microphone, and a loudspeaker, inbuilt GPS with about 18 hours battery life on mixed usage.
The Watch 3 is available in two sizes; 38mm and 42mm and also available in two versions; GPS only and GPS + Cellular models. The latter allows you to call, text, and stream Apple music directly from your wrist without needing your phone.
The Watch Series 3 is made of lightweight aluminum with sapphire glass crystal back for the GPS + Cellular model, while the GPS-only model is made of aluminum. The 1.65inch/1.5 inch OLED display is bright and very interactive with sapphire glass crystal protecting the display, while it features a digital crown button in addition to a physical button and touchscreen support that makes navigating this device very easy.
While the GPS + Cellular model comes with 16GB onboard storage, the GPS Only model comes with an 8GB storage capacity. In addition to the inbuilt loudspeaker and microphone, there’s NFC for Apple pay that enables you to make payments on the go from this device.
There’s a special edition of the Watch Series 3, the Apple Watch Nike made of aluminum and available in space gray color. It’s quite more expensive than the other models.
Apple Watch Series 3 (42mm) Features
- It comes with a 1.5 OLED display, while navigation is through touchscreen with 1 physical button and digital crown.
- It comes in an aluminum case with ion-X glass covering the screen. The straps which are interchangeable come in elastomer 22mm for the 38mm model and 24mm for the 42mm model.
- The GPS + Cellular model is available in three materials; aluminum, stainless steel and ceramics.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 8GB (GPS only) and 16GB (GPS + Cellular) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- The GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
Apple Watch Series 3 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Tracks your sleep cycle and stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can see your heart rate in real-time and as well can help you manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- The Activity rings comprising of stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required.
Apple Watch Series 3 Review
Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm)
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Watch Series 4
Apple Watch Nike+
38.6 x 33.3 x 11.4 mm
272 x 340 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
Apple Watch App
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 3, Charger, Manual, Straps