Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2017
- Display:: 1.5 inch, OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Elastomer, Aluminum
- Battery Life:: 18hrs+
- Storage:: 0.768GB RAM, 8GB/16GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Battery:||(2.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 3 Specifications and Features – The Watch Series 3 is a comprehensive fitness smartwatch with a decent stylish design and hosts lots of features which includes 16GB onboard storage, inbuilt microphone and loudspeaker, inbuilt GPS with about 18 hours battery life on mixed usage.
The Watch 3 is available in two sizes; 38mm and 42mm and also available in two version; GPS only and GPS + Cellular models. The later allows you to call, text and stream Apple music directly from your wrist without needing your phone.
The Watch Series 3 is made of lightweight aluminum with sapphire glass crystal back for the GPS + Cellular model, while the GPS only model is made of aluminum. The 1.65inch/1.5 inch OLED display is bright and very interactive with sapphire glass crystal protecting the display, while it features a digital crown button in addition to a physical button and touchscreen support that makes navigating this device very easy.
While the GPS + Cellular model come with 16GB onboard storage, the GPS Only model comes with 8GB storage capacity. In addition to the inbuilt loudspeaker and microphone, there’s NFC for Apple pay that enables you to make payment on the go from this device.
There’s a special edition of the Watch Series 3, the Apple Watch Nike made of aluminum and available in space gray color. It’s quite more expensive than the other models.
Apple Watch Series 3 Features
- 1.5 OLED display, touchscreen with 1 physical button and digital crown.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm (38mm) 24mm (42mm) interchangeable elastomer straps.
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 8GB (GPS only) and 16GB (GPS + Cellular)onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
Apple Watch Series 3 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Customized experience for wheelchair users to close their Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts.
- Tracks your sleep cycle and stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required.
Apple Watch Series 3 Review
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|