Apple Watch Series 4 (40mm) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2018
- Display:: 1.57 inch, OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Elastomer, Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 18hrs+
- Storage:: 0.768GB RAM, 16GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(2.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.0 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 4 Specifications and Features – The now discontinued Apple Watch 4 is a comprehensive standalone smartwatch that’s fitness-focused, loaded with 16GB onboard storage, ECG tracking, and incidental fall detection, and able to keep you connected to all that matters to you as well having a not so impressive 18 hours battery life.
The Watch 4 is beautiful in all sense, it’s slim and lightweight. It’s available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm, and also available in two models; GPS ONLY and GPS + Cellular.
The Watch 4 has a very wide 1.78 inch(44mm), 1.57 inch(40mm) display, yet compact. It features the infographic display which allows you to see more complications at a glance, while also featuring the innovative digital crown button with hepatic feedback that offers a click-like feel as you scroll, in addition to a touchscreen and a physical button which no doubt makes navigation a bliss on this device.
The Watch 4 being a standalone smartwatch allows you to call, text, and stream the entire Apple Music library right from your wrist.
Apple Watch Series 4 Features
- It has a 1.57 inch Retina LTPO OLED display (1000 nits) with touchscreen with 1 physical button and digital crown with haptic feedback.
- It comes in aluminum, stainless steel or titanium case materials paired with silicone straps. The aluminum case model has an ion-X glass material covering the screen, while the stainless steel and titanium models have sapphire glass protects the screen.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm(40mm) and 24mm(44mm) interchangeable elastomer straps.
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 16GB onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
- About 18 hours of battery life.
Apple Watch Series 4 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Customized experience for wheelchair users to close their Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts.
- Tracks your sleep time and can help you monitor your sleep trend over a period of time.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training and as well see your heart rate in real-time.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as well compete with friends.
- ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Features incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialing preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred.
Apple Watch Series 4 Review
Apple Watch Series 4 (40mm)
Apple Watch Series 3
Apple Watch Series 5
Apple Watch Nike+
40 x 38 x 10.7 mm
Aluminum, Ceramic/Sapphire crystal back
Gold, Gray, Silver
324 x 394 pixels
|Custom watch face||
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
Apple S4 64bits
Apple Watch App
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 4, Charger, Manual, Straps