Apple Watch Series 4 Specifications and Features – The now discontinued Apple Watch 4 is a comprehensive standalone smartwatch that’s fitness-focused, loaded with 16GB onboard storage, ECG tracking and incidental fall detection, and able to keep you connected to all that matters to you as well having a not so impressive 18 hours battery life.
The Watch 4 is beautiful in all sense, its slim and lightweight. It’s available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm, and also available in two models; GPS ONLY and GPS + Cellular.
The Watch 4 has a very wide 1.78 inch(44mm), 1.57 inch(40mm) display, yet compact. It features the infographic display which allows you see more complications at a glance, while also featuring the innovative digital crown button with hepatic feedback that offers a click-like feel as you scroll, in addition to touchscreen and a physical button which no doubt makes navigation a bliss on this device.
The Watch 4 being a standalone smartwatch allows you to call, text and stream the entire Apple music library right from your wrist.
Apple Watch Series 4 Features
- 1.78 inch/ 1.57 inch OLED display, touchscreen with 1 physical button and digital crown with hepatic feedback.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm(40mm) and 24mm(44mm) interchangeable elastomer straps.
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker(50% louder) that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 16GB (GPS + Cellular)/(GPS ONLY) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
Apple Watch Series 4 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Customized experience for wheelchair users to close their Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts.
- Tracks your sleep cycle and stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as well compete with friends.
- ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialing preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred.
Apple Watch Series 4 Review