Apple Watch Series 5 (44mm) (GPS) Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2019
- Display:: 1.78 inch, OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Elastomer, Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 18hrs+
- Storage:: 0.768GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(2.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.7 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 5 Specifications and Features – The Apple Watch 5 is the latest smartwatch from Apple, it succeeds the now discontinued Apple Watch 4. The Watch 5 comes in a sophisticated design that’s classy and very slim with a wide 1.78-inch display, while having 32GB storage, inbuilt loudspeaker, and microphone with new offerings such as noise app, always-on display, international calling, App store now on Watch 5, menstrual cycle tracking, and has about 18 hours battery life on mixed usage.
The Watch 5 is a beauty to behold, it’s available in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm, and also available in two models; GPS ONLY and GPS + Cellular. The GPS model is made of aluminum, while the GPS + Cellular model is available in aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic, with prices going up in that other.
The Watch 5 has a very wide 1.78 inch(44mm), 1.57 inch(40mm) display, yet compact. It features the infographic display introduced to the Watch 4 which allows you to see more complication at a glance, while also featuring the innovative digital crown button with hepatic feedback that offers a click-like feel as you scroll, in addition to a touchscreen and a physical button which no doubt makes navigation a bliss on this device.
The Watch 5 being a standalone smartwatch allows you to call, text, and stream the entire Apple music library, while also introducing international emergency calling that enables you to call emergency contacts almost anywhere in the world.
The Watch 5 is available in two special editions; Apple Watch Nike available in silver and space gray aluminum and Apple Watch Hermès available in polished stainless steel and space black stainless steel.
Difference Between Apple Watch Series 5 GPS vs Cellular
The Watch 5 comes in two sizes; 44mm and 40mm and is available in two models; GPS only and GPS+cellular. The difference between these two is that the latter is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to make and receive calls directly from the device independent of your phone. Moreover, it’s available in aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic material, unlike the GPS model that’s only available in aluminum material.
Apple Watch Series 5 (44mm) (GPS) Features
- It comes with a 1.78 inches always-on OLED display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button and digital crown with haptic feedback.
- Ion-X glass covers the display of the aluminium model, while Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the stainless steel and titanium models. The GPS model is only available in aluminum material.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Available in aluminium material with a ceramic and sapphire crystal back. The straps are interchangeable and come in 22mm for (40mm) and 24mm for (44mm).
- Compatible with iOS 12.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri and loudspeaker(50% louder) that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 32GB onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- Added Apps are now accessible directly from your wrist.
- With your iPhone nearby, you can use the watch to make and receive calls via Bluetooth calls.
- The Apple Watch Series 5 has just about a day battery life.
Apple Watch Series 5 Fitness Tracking Features
- Preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features the Breath App which can help return you back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Tracks your sleep cycle and stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise helps monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as well compete with friends.
- ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialling preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred. (Phone must be nearby)
- Added menstrual cycle tracking that allow you log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes.
- Added Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real time as you climb up or down.
- Equipped with a built-in compass that lets you easily navigate and find your bearing.
Apple Watch Series 5 Review
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|