Apple Watch Series 8 (Stainless steel) (Cellular) – Full Smartwatch Specifications
- Release date:: September, 2022
- Display:: 1.92/1.69 inches | LTPO OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Stainless steel case | Silicone straps
- Battery Life:: 18hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iPhone 8+ and iOS 16.0+
|Design:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Features:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.5 / 5)|
Apple Watch Series 8 (Stainless steel) (Cellular) – Full Smartwatch Specifications – Apple at its “Far Out” event on the 7th of September announced the Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch Ultra, and Apple Watch SE 2. All three watches run on the WatchOS 9 out of the box, and the new operating system which also supports Apple Watch 4, 5, 6, 7, and SE brings new features such as the ability to track sleep stages, custom workouts, multisport workout, new watch faces, and low power battery saver mode. The Watch 8 succeeds the Apple Watch Series 7 and it comes in two sizes, 41mm and 45mm and each of these sizes is available in GPS/Wifi and Cellular Models. The Watch 8 welcomes crash detection, a temperature sensor and is available in stainless steel and aluminum materials.
The Apple Watch Series 8 has a very similar appearance to the Watch 7. It spots the same rectangular shape as its predecessor and also has a digital crown and flat button by the side. It comes in two materials; aluminum and stainless steel. While the aluminum build is available in GPS/WiFi and Cellular models, the Stainless steel build is only available in a cellular model.
The Watch 8 like the Watch 7 is durably built, and it’s rated 5ATM which means it’s waterproof up to 50 meters. The stainless steel model is available in gold, graphite, and silver colors.
The Watch 8 spots an LTPO OLED display with brightness up to 1000nits. It leverages a touch-sensitive screen, a physical button, and a digital crown to offer effortless navigation. While the 41mm unit has a 1.69 inches display size, the 45mm unit has a 1.92 inches display. Both sizes support always-on display.
In the fitness department, the Watch 8 is able to track steps, calories, distance, sleep, heart rate, ECG, and blood oxygen. It welcomes a temperature sensor that will enable it to monitor skin temperature changes and will also help track the ovulation period for women. Meanwhile, with the WatchOS 9, the Watch 8 welcomes the ability to track sleep stages, custom workout modes, and as well as the ability to track AFIB history.
The Watch 8 has a speaker and microphone and like its predecessor, it is able to make and receive calls. The Cellular model can make and receive calls without a phone. It’s also equipped with an NFC chip that enables non-contactless payments via Apple Pay in supported countries. It packs a 32GB massive storage capacity that lets you add enough music to the watch which you can listen to offline.
The Watch 8 like its predecessor will alert you when you receive a notification on your phone and it will also allow you to reply to notifications using your voice, dictations, and emojis or type the reply directly using the built-in qwerty keyboard.
Apple Watch Series 8 Features
- Features 1.92/1.69 inches LTPO OLED-powered always-on display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button, and a digital rotating crown with a hepatic feedback mechanism.
- Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the stainless steel model.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer, and stopwatch.
- You can customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store. 4 new watch faces have also been added.
- Available in two materials; aluminum and stainless steel, both with ceramic and sapphire crystal back. GPS/Cellular model comes in stainless steel and aluminum materials, while the GPS-only model is available in only aluminum material. The straps are interchangeable and come in 22mm for (41mm) and 24mm for (45mm).
- The stainless steel model is available in silver, graphite, and gold colors.
- Features Find my phone, remote music control, and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS, and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof), it’s waterproof up to 50 meters. It is also rated IPX7 dust resistant.
- Compatible with iPhone 8+ and iOS 16.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports voice inputs and a loudspeaker that lets you make and receive calls directly from the watch.
- Both GPS and Cellular models are equipped with 32GB onboard storage capacity that lets you take your music with you.
- Get access to Apple Music with over 75 million tracks of musical motivation on your wrist. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook. A subscription may be required. Other music services include Spotify, Youtube Music, and Tidal.
- Equipped with an NFC chip that allows you to make payments on the go with Apple Pay (Not supported in all countries) .
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to call, text, and stream Apple music without connecting to your iPhone.
- Features an App store that allows you to search and install your favorite apps directly on the watch.
- Features international emergency calling that lets you call respective emergency contacts almost anywhere in the world.
- Features Family setup – It allows family members who own an Apple Watch but don’t own an iPhone to still enjoy all the benefits of an Apple Watch by connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone. In WatchOS 9, family setup now allows you to invite others to the home and wallet apps so that they can have access to important keys and also be able to control important home appliances.
- Siri can translate spoken words into a different language (10 languages supported). It also allows you to do simple tasks with your voice.
- With WatchOS 9, the built-in qwerty keyboard now supports additional 6 languages. This includes French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
Apple Watch Series 8 Fitness Tracking Features
- Comes with preloaded sports modes including yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming. New multisport workout mode has been added, and you can now also create custom workouts.
- Tracks your swimming activities which include laps count, track average lap pace, and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burnt.
- Features a breathing App in the mindfulness app that can help you return back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction. The mindfulness app also has a reflect feature that allows you set an intention and center yourself with a beautiful animation.
- With inbuilt GPS, you can track outdoor activities, so that you can see your pace in real-time, location, and routes. With WatchOS 9, you can now see your elevation data, activity ring, and heart rate zones as you train.
- Equipped with a third-generation Heart rate sensor that tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training effortlessly.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, and sedentary reminder.
- The Activity ring app features stand, move and exercise functions that help monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as also compete with friends.
- Features ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm. And with WatchOS 9, individuals diagnosed with atrial fibrillation can now track AFib history.
- Features incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto-dialing preset emergency contacts if the watch detects a fall and you’re unresponsive for 60 seconds. Moreover, with a powerful 256 g-forces accelerometer, the Watch 8 can now detect when your car has crashed.
- Supports menstrual cycle tracking that allows you to log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes. The newly added temperature sensor can help monitor the ovulation period by detecting temperature changes.
- There is a Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing. Moreover, hearing protection has been improved to be able to alert you when you reach the weekly listening dose as recommended by health authorities.
- There is a Handwashing app that guides you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds in line with WHO recommendations as well as reminds you to wash your hands when you get home which can help prevent Covid-19.
- The map app can help you find the perfect lane to follow as well as allows you to search nearby places.
- The Sleep tracking app will track your total sleep time and time spent in each four stages of sleep. There is also a respiratory rate feature that tracks your breathing rate during sleep, and you can see your respiratory rate in the health app.
- Features blood oxygen tracking that tracks your blood oxygen levels to determine how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real-time as you climb up or down.
- Features Apple Fitness+ – A premium fitness service powered by Apple Watch that gives you access to world-class workouts by the world’s best trainers. Workout metrics can also be synced to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- The compass app has been redesigned with the addition of three different views. You can also retrace your steps using the backtrack feature.
- Added a new medication app that lets you log your medications such as supplements, vitamins, and more so that you never get to skip your schedules.
- There is a new temperature sensor that can monitor your skin temperature and will also help track the ovulation period for women.
(Cellular), (Stainless steel), Apple Watch Series 8
Apple Watch Series 7
Cellular + GPS
41 x 35 x 10.7mm, 45mm x 38mm x 10.7mm
41mm: 42.3g, 45mm: 51.5g
Bezeless, Stainless steel
22mm (41mm), 24mm
Gold, Graphite, Silver
1.69 inches (41mm), 1.92 inches
1000nit, LTPO OLED
396 x 484 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
BEIDOU, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
GSM / HSPA / LTE
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
282mAh (41mm), 308mAh
Regular: up to 18hrs
(Fast charging), Charging dock
Apple S8 (64bit)
Apple Watch App
iPhone 8+ with iOS 16+
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 8, Charger, Manual, Straps