Fitbit Charge 5 Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2021
- Display:: 1.04 inches, AMOLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: 28 grams, Aluminum
- Battery Life:: 7days+
- Compatibility:: Android and iOS Check supported devices
|Design:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.9 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.3 / 5)|
Fitbit Charge 5 Specifications and Features – The Charge 5 is the latest wearable from Fitbit, it is the much-awaited successor to the Charge 4 that was released last year. The Charge 5 indeed is a totally different device from the Charge 4, the design has changed, so also has the display been revamped with the addition of ECG and EDA sensor seen only on Fitbit Sense. The Charge 5 comes in an aluminum case with an AMOLED display that is twice brighter and more colorful than the monochrome display of Charge 4 while also retaining a long battery life of up to 7 days.
Fitbit Charge 4 Design
One of the biggest changes to the Charge 5 is the design, it received an overhaul in the design section. It has an aluminum case just like the Versa 3 and Sense. It’s also very compact at 36.7 x 22.7 x 11.2mm and weighs just 28g making it one of the lightest wearable devices. It comes with the same loop design silicone straps that were introduced to Versa 3 and Sense.
The Charge 5 comes in three different colors;
- Black/Graphite Stainless Steel
- Lunar White/Soft Gold Stainless Steel
- Steel Blue/Platinum Stainless Steel
The display is now smaller at 1.04 inches compared to 1.57 inches of Charge 4. However, the display is powered by AMOLED which is richer in colors and brighter. Navigation is via touchscreen support.
Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness Tracking
The Charge 5 welcomes two premium health tracking features; ECG and EDA Stress monitor that were only present on Sense prior to its release. As a result, it will allow you to measure ECG and as well will allow you to measure and monitor your stress levels 24/7.
Other health tracking features include a heart rate sensor that enables 24/7 heart rate tracking. It will also track your sleep in four stages. It comes with an inbuilt GPS that will allow you to track your outdoor activities like routes and locations. There is also a skin temperature sensor with an app that allows you to monitor your stress level over time.
You will get menstrual cycle tracking for women, as well as preset sport modes with the ability to auto-detect and track select activities via SmartTrack.
Fitbit Charge 4 – Managing Notifications
You can manage notifications received on your phone with Charge 5. It will allow you to receive SMS, Calls, and notifications from apps such as WhatsApp, Gmail, and more. It has the ability to reply to notifications with preset quick replies (Android only). There is an NFC onboard the Charge 5 just like the Charge 4 which enables Fitbit Pay – a non-contactless payment system that allows you to make payments directly from the device.
Fitbit Charge 4 Battery Life
Despite having an awesome AMOLED display, the Charge 5 still retains a long battery life like Charge 4. It has up to 7 days of battery life.
Fitbit Charge 5 Features
- 1.04 inches AMOLED full color display with touchscreen support for navigation.
- Comes with a case made of aluminum, the straps are made of silicone and can be changed. The Charge 5 is available in three colors; black, steel blue and lunar white colors.
- Customizable watch face. You can choose from the many watch faces on Fitbit App.
- Features a timer, weather app, and a stopwatch.
- Up to 7 days or more battery life.
- The Charge 5 can control music played on your phone.
- You can send preset replies to notifications you receive. (Android only).
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important notifications such as SMS, calls and other app notifications.
- It comes with NFC which supports Fitbit Pay – A non-contactless payment system that will allow you make payment directly from the Versa 3.
- It is rated 5ATM and is also Swim-proof.
- Features “do not disturb mode” that allows you to mute call, text and smartphone notifications during the day.
- Features “Sleep mode” that allows you to automatically mute smartphone notifications at night and stop your screen from turning on so you can catch uninterrupted sleep.
Fitbit Charge 5 Fitness Tracking Features
- Equipped to track your steps, distance, and calories all day long.
- Tracks your sleep in four stages and allows you see your time in awake, light, deep and REM sleep stages. You’ll also get a daily Sleep Score in the Fitbit app and on your wrist to better understand your sleep quality each night.
- Active Zone Minutes help you make every minute count during workouts by buzzing your wrist when you enter your personalized target heart rate zone. This feature rewards you for time spent in a vigorous or moderate activity that increases your heart rate.
- Helps you reduces stress with 2 and 5 minute guided breathing sessions that are personalized based on your heart rate.
- Has an inbuilt GPS that allows you track outdoor activities more conveniently. The Charge 5 will track your routes, locations, pace and more when you workout outdoors.
- Features menstrual cycle tracking that allow you to log periods, record symptoms, track your ovulation and discover patterns in your cycle from the Fitbit App.
- Tracks your VO2 Max. to help you get a better understanding of your fitness level and learn how you can improve over time with a personalized in-app Cardio Fitness Score.
- NEW: Added EDA Scan app that detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body’s response to stress and reveals a graph in the Fitbit app to illuminate it.
- NEW: Added ECG app right on your wrist that allows you access your heart for atrial fibrillation. (Not a medical device.)
- NEW: Added temperature monitoring that tracks your skin temperature each night to show how it varies from your personal baseline, so you can be aware of your trends over time.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices, Check supported devices
- You can select up to 6 activities which include running, walking and more to auto track with SmartTrack.
- Features SpO2 blood oxygen measurement that allows you to see the level of oxygen in your blood to help you learn when there may be an indication of important changes in your fitness and wellness. You can see your SpO2 nightly average and range on wrist with an SpO2 clock face and on Fitbit Today.
- NEW: Features Daily Readiness Score – a feature that shows whether you’re ready to work out or should prioritize recovery.
- Reflections allows you to easily log your mood in the app from very stressed to very calm, and observe changes over time.
- Breathing rate allows you to see your average breaths per minute. This feature can help you monitor changes in overall wellbeing.
- Up to 20 preloaded sport modes.
Fitbit Charge 5
Fitbit Charge 4
36.7 x 22.7 x 11.2 mm
140 – 180mm (small), 180 -220mm (big)
Black/Graphite Stainless Steel strap, Lunar White/Soft-Gold Stainless Steel strap, Steel Blue/Platinum Stainless Steel strap
0.86" x 0.58"px
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
EDA Stress sensor, Vibration motor
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Regular: 7 days+, Standby:10 days+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Fitbit Charge 5, Manual, Straps