Garmin Enduro Specifications, Features, Price, Pros and Cons
- Release date:: January, 2021
- Display:: 1.4 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Nylon, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 50/65 days (solar)
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and iOS 12.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.4 / 5)|
Garmin Enduro Full Specifications, features, Pros, and Cons – The Enduro is one of the latest smartwatches from Garmin. It looks just like the Fenix 6 at a first glance, but inside, it’s quite different. The biggest factor is the massive long battery life of the Enduro. This isn’t just an increase in bigger battery capacity, but a whole new platform altogether that will see future Garmin smartwatches have longer battery life than older models. Beyond that, the Enduro is a rugged GPS smartwatch that is designed to track your daily activities and as well help you stay connected with the ability to respond to notifications. It, however, lacks trendline popularity maps, music storage, and wifi.
The Enduro has a fine design that consists of a fiber-reinforced polymer case with a metal rear cover back while the bezel is either made of titanium or stainless steel. The straps come in nylon material and can be swapped if you so wish. It’s bulky at 51mm, but quite lightweight. The titanium model weighs just 58 grams including straps, while the stainless steel bezel model weighs 66 grams. The display measures 1.4 inches and this is powered by the regular transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) that is easy to read even under direct sunlight.
The fitness tracking features of the Enduro include the ability to track steps, calories, sleep, heart rate, blood oxygen, and more. It can also track your menstrual cycle, hydration level, respiration, and VO2 Max. And there are also a handful of preset sport modes to choose from.
Other features of the Enduro includes the ability to alert you when you receive a notification on your phone. Only Android phone users can reply to notifications with preset quick replies. There is NFC onboard which enables Garmin Pay, this allows you to make payment directly from this smartwatch on supported channels.
The battery life of the Enduro draws the biggest attention, it has the longest battery life among other Garmin smartwatches. The battery life estimates according to Garmin is as follows;
- Smartwatch mode: Up to 50 days/65 days with solar.
- Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 130 days/1 Year with solar.
- GPS: Up to 70 hours/80 hours with solar.
- Max. battery GPS Mode: 200 hours/300 hours with solar.
- Expedition GPS Activity: Up to 65 days/95 days with solar.
Garmin Enduro Features
- 1.4 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Widget watch face allows you add your favorite complications.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof).
- 26mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
Garmin Enduro Activity Tracking Features
- Surfline Sessions creates a video of every wave you ride in front of a Surfline camera, so you can watch them later and see how you did.
- Bouldering and indoor climbing included in the list of outdooor activity profiles.
- Safety and tracking features include liveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals, and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Added incidental fall detection and assistant features that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. Holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature). It also features live event sharing that lets you share your training activities with members of the Garmin Connect community.
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all-day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting, and available gym profiles which include strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair-stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning, and analysis features include , downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles, and advanced workouts.
, In addition, are training load, training status, and training that let you see how productive your training has been overtime and can help you plan and train more effectively.
Other training and planning tools includes auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time, and HRV stress test that measures your stress level instantly.
- Running features include , GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts. Including ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses that lets you see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also supports open water swimming, and measures distance, strokes, SWOLF, calories, and pace. There are available pool swimming workouts to choose from.
Underwater wrist-base heart rate tracking tracks your heart rate while swimming which can help you manage your training intensity more productively.
- Tactical features include dual grid coordinates that let you save your current location and you can navigate back to the same location later.
- Features the Running power app available on the Garmin App store, the power app analysis your pace and vertical oscillation to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground, helping you run at your pace.
- Wrist-based pulse OX sensor monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, a barometer to monitor weather, and a three-axis electronic compass.
- PacePro feature that helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course.
- Turn-by-turn navigation enables you to follow a route or course with help from turn-by-turn directions that let you know ahead of time when the next turn is coming.
- Added VO2 Max. for Trail Running: This allows you to get more accurate VO2 Max. readings for trail runs.
- Added Climb Pro 2.0 Descent: This feature adds ClimbPro descent for non-cycling activities.
- Added Climb Pro 2.0 Alerts: This will allow you setup alerts that notifies you when start a climb.
- Added rest timer for ultra-run.
Garmin Enduro Pros
Garmin Enduro Cons
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|