Garmin Forerunner 45 Specifications and Features – The Forerunner 45 is a lightweight fitness smartwatch with a decent design, lots of activity tracking features including Garmin coach and incidental fall detection and has a long battery life that lets you go longer on a single charge. The Forerunner 45 is a low priced fitness-focused smartwatch built to last with durable materials, and equipped to track your active life comprehensively and also keeps you connected to all that matters to you.
The Forerunner 45 features Garmin coach that offers adaptive training plans from experts and professionals to help you achieve more fitness goals effortlessly, while also featuring incidental fall detection that discreetly send your number to preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred (watch must be connected to phone to enable this feature).
Also added is the battery energy monitor that monitors your body energy to give you more insight on your fitness level, so you can find the perfect time to trade.
Garmin Forerunner 45 Features
- 1.04 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
Garmin Forerunner 45 Activity Tracking Features
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Added incidental fall detection and assistant feature that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. Holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature). Also new, is the live event sharing that lets you share your training activities with members of the Garmin Connect community.
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
Added body energy monitor that tracks your body energy to determine when you’re fit for the next training which can help you train more productively without breaking down.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
- Running features includes, GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running.
Also available is cadence (real-time steps/min) .
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking.
Garmin Forerunner 45 Review