Garmin Forerunner 945 Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: April, 2019
- Display:: 1.2 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 14 days
- Storage:: 8GB ROM
- Compatibility:: Android and iOS
|Design:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Garmin Forerunner 945 Specifications and Features – The Forerunner 945 is a premium triathlon/running smartwatch featuring lots of activity tracking features including full-color maps and incidental fall detection, and loaded with NFC for Garmin Pay, onboard music storage, and has a long battery life that keeps you going for up to two weeks.
The 49 grams Forerunner 945 is lightweight and built with durable materials, a case, and interchangeable straps made of fiber-reinforced polymer with tough Corning Gorilla Glass DX covering the screen. It comes with about 16GB onboard storage capacity that lets you take your favorite tracks with, and also supports streaming with popular platforms such as Spotify and Amazon music.
The Forerunner 945 is fully equipped to track your active life with a broad range of sensors that enables it to track a broad range of activities including full-color maps that can help you track locations easily, also features incidental fall detection that can send out your location to preset emergency contacts, so that you can get needed assistance fast. As well as performance, training and planning tools that can help you become more productive with your training goals.
The Forerunner 945 measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation, and vertical ratio. These measurements are the key to understanding your form and helps you get the best from every race. It can start tracking these data in combination with a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod (sold separately).
The Forerunner 945 keeps you connected to all that matters to you so that you never miss important updates. It connects with the Garmin Connect app – an intuitive platform with lots of features that can help you manage your fitness goals effortlessly, as well as compete with other members of the community using the Livetrack features.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Features
- 1.2 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- 8GB onboard storage capacity with support for streaming services such as Spotify.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Activity Tracking Features
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Added incidental fall detection and assistant feature that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. Holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature). Also new is the live event sharing that lets you share your training activities with members of the Garmin Connect community.
- Activity tracking features include steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age, and all-day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting, and available gym profiles which include strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair-stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning, and analysis features include downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
, In addition, are training load, training status, and training that let you see how productive your training has been over time and can help you plan and train more effectively.
Other training and planning tools includes auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time and an HRV stress test that measures your stress level instantly.
- Running features include , GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue (Track these data in combination with compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod sold separately) .
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts. Including ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses that lets you see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also supports open water swimming, and measures distance, strokes, SWOLF, calories and pace. There are available pool swimming workouts to choose from.
- Tactical features include dual grid coordinates that let you save your current location and you can navigate back to the same location later.
- Features the Running power app available on the Garmin App store, the power app analysis your pace and vertical oscillation to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground, helping you run at your pace.
- Added full-color maps that enables at a glance navigation and location tracking, with Trendline popularity routing that uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes.
- Added Wrist-base pulse OX sensor that monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
Garmin Forerunner 945 Review
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|