Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Full Smartwatch Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: August, 2020
- Display:: 1.4 inches, 360 x 360px
- Body:: 53.8 grams (excluding straps)
- Battery Life:: 340mAh, 2 days
- Memory:: 8GB ROM, 1GB RAM
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and RAM 1.5GB+
iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+
|Design:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.6 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.4 / 5)|
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Full Specifications and Features – Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is the second most anticipated smartwatch after Apple Watch 6 which is expected later this year. Galaxy Watch 3 succeeds Galaxy Watch which was released back in 2018. Remember, in 2019, Samsung released Galaxy Active in March, and Galaxy Active 2 later in August, both have a digital rotating bezel, but the Galaxy Watch 3 brings back the physical rotating bezel present in its predecessor, Galaxy Watch, and older Gear S3 series. The new Galaxy Watch 3 packs new features both in fitness tracking and performance, but lags behind in shorter battery life which I assume is a compromise for the slimmer and more compact design. Samsung is marketing the Galaxy Watch 3 as a lifestyle and fitness-focused device, thanks to its new features that can improve your productive life and track your fitness level comprehensively.
- TOP-NOTCH PREMIUM DESIGN
- NEW HEALTH TRACKING FEATURES – A COMPREHENSIVE FITNESS TRACKER
- MORE STORAGE
- A SMARTER SMARTWATCH
- 2 DAYS LONG BATTERY LIFE
The design of the Galaxy Watch 3 is sophisticated, sturdy, and more compact than its predecessor, Galaxy Watch. It comes in two sizes; 41mm and 45mm. Both sizes are more compact and slimmer at 11.1mm. While 41mm has a display of 1.2 inches, 45mm has a display of 1.4 inches. AMOLED still powers the display on both smartwatches, and the iconic physical rotating bezel is back and is now slimmer and smoother. There are also two physical buttons that make navigation very easy. There are now over 50000 watch faces to choose from.
The cases are made of stainless steel while straps come in leather materials that are interchangeable with 20mm/22mm for 41mm/45mm respectively. Corning Gorilla Glass DX protects the screen which is anti-scratch and offers superior clarity. Both models of the Galaxy Watch 3 are rated 5ATM and certified MIL-STD-810G.
You can get the Galaxy Watch 3 41mm in mystic bronze and mystic silver, while the 45mm model is available in mystic black and mystic silver.
Starting with the basics, Galaxy Watch 3 will track your steps, heart rate, sleep in four stages; light, deep, awake and REM, calories, stress and has inbuilt GPS that enables outdoor activity tracking. It also features 40 preset workout modes and can auto-detect 7 of these. Other fitness tracking features that were introduced to Active 2 such as blood pressure monitoring, ECG tracking are also available on Galaxy Watch 3. However, only ECG tracking is approved by the FDA.
New fitness tracking features have been added like incidental fall detection present in Apple Watch 5 and many Garmin smartwatches. Also new is blood oxygen saturation tracking (Spo2 sensor) and fitness level (VO2 Max.) which is present in Fitbit Versa 2 and Garmin smartwatches. There is also the running coach that provides feedback on your pace and form.
Galaxy Watch is equipped with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage capacity which is twice that of Galaxy Watch and Active 2. There’s also a loudspeaker and microphone which allows you to make and receive calls from the Galaxy Watch 3.
NFC is also present that enables you to make payments directly from Galaxy Watch 3 through Samsung Pay.
Galaxy Watch 3 brings many interesting ways to communicate with your phone. Samsung markets the watch as a lifestyle companion thanks to its new features such as text notification with chat history. There’s also the bit emoji that gives you more fun ways to chat. As well as the ability to chat with images.
Beyond these, Galaxy Watch 3 can playback music on your phone, unlock your phone, find my phone, SMS and incoming call alerts, and more.
The sacrifice to make for the more compact and slimmer design is that the Galaxy Watch 3 has a shorter battery life compared to its predecessor. While the 45mm has a battery capacity of 340mAh, 41mm has a battery capacity of 247mAh. Samsung Claims the 45mm can also up to 2 days with mixed usage while the 41mm with smaller battery capacity will most likely have shorter battery life.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Features
- 1.4 inches always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen support, 2 physical buttons and physical rotating bezel.
- 5ATM (50 meters) Swim-proof, eject water from the loudspeaker after immersion in water.
- Over 50000 custom watch faces to choose from.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- 1GB RAM and 8GB storage capacity with support for streaming on Spotify.
- Has microphone and loudspeaker.
- Use Bixby voice assistant to perform simple tasks and control smartthings devices with your voice.
- Contactless payment on the go with Samsung pay.
- Make calls with Bluetooth connection to your phone.
- LTE model is a standalone smartwatches that allows you make and receive calls from the watch independent of your phone.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you like email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, unlock phone, music playback on phone, remote camera control and notifications from third-party apps are beamed to your watch.
- NEW Chat with image and chat history, as well as chat with emoji
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Fitness Tracking Features
- Continously tracks your steps, calories, distance and floors climbed.
- Comprehensively tracks your sleep in for stages; light, deep, awake and REM.
- Comprehensively tracks your heart rate continuously.
- Tracks your stress and helps you manage stress via guided breathing sessions.
- ECG tracking monitors irregular heart rhythms and can help you detect atrial fibrillations. Cleared by FDA
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- Up to 40 preset workout modes and can auto track 7 of these.
- Blood oxygen saturation monitoring with SpO2 sensors. NEW
- Incidental fall detection will call emergency contacts when the Galaxy Watch 3 detects a fall. NEW
- Tracks your fitness level to show your VO2 Max. NEW
- Features 120 workout home videos that allows you cast workout videos to yout TV and can display your tracked metrics on the TV as you train. NEW
- Premium, stylish and lightweight design.
- A comprehensive fitness tracker.
- 8GB onboard music storage.
- Loudspeaker and microphone inbuilt.
- A rugged and durable device certified MIL-STD-810G.
- Slimemr and smoother physical rotating bezel for easy navigation.
- A standalone smartwatch
- 2 days battery life.
- Priced too high.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) (Bluetooth)
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Bluetooth, LTE, Titanium
46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm
53.8g (excluding straps)
Stainless steel 316L
Stainless steel 316L
Mystic black, Mystic silver
Super AMOLED, Full color
360 x 360 pixel
|Custom watch face|
2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen
Galileo, Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: 2 days+
Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging
Dual core 1.15GHz
Samsung Health App
Android 5.0+ & RAM 1.5GB+, iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Straps
There are no reviews yet.