Xiaomi MI Watch Full Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: November, 2019
- Display:: 1.78 inch, AMOLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: Aluminum, Fluoroelastomer
- Battery Life:: 36hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|Design:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Xiaomi Mi Watch Specifications and Features – Xiaomi have announced the MI Watch set to be released 11th November in China. It’s the first true watch from the Chinese giant, it follows up on the 4 generations of fitness smartbands released in partnership with Huami. The Mi Watch is a standalone smartwatch and takes it’s inspiration from the Apple Watch design, having a 1.78 inch AMOLED display, 44mm square case, e-SIM that supports cellular connectivity, 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM and powered by the Snapdragon 3100 chip.
Its runs on a custom Xiaomi’s MIUI on top of Wear OS – its the first of its kind to customize the Wear OS platform. There are over 40 apps baked into the watch, including lighter versions of popular MIUI apps like Tasks, Recorder, Notes, Mi Home and more. MIUI For Watch also has its own app store which is now accessible to third-party developers.
The MI Watch has a ceramic back and aluminum alloy frame, while the fluoroelastomer straps are interchangeable. Just like the Apple watch, the MI Watch comes in a 44mm square case and has a 1.78 inch always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen support. It features the digital rotating crown as seen on the Apple Watch, and has a single button.
The Mi Watch is powered by the Snapdragon 3100 chip and this uses four Cortex A7 cores clocked at 1.2GHz. It’s paired with a 570mAh battery, which is tested to last for 36 hours on a single charge with continuous cellular connectivity.
The MI Watch is also fitness-focused with 10 preloaded sport modes featured and inbuilt GPS that enables outdoor activity tracking. Also featured on the Mi Watch is pulse ox. sensor that enables it to monitor blood oxygen. It tracks VO2 Max. and includes FirstBeat algorithms.
Other features on the MI Watch include NFC for mobile payment (China only), 1GB RAM, 8GB storage capacity, microphone, and loudspeaker that supports its standalone cellular capabilities.
Although the Mi Watch looks just like the Apple Watch, its priced much lower at $183.
Xiaomi MI Watch Features
- 1.78 inch AMOLED always-on display, touchscreen with 3 physical buttons.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store.
- Find my phone, control music on Smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 22mm interchangeable straps.
- Compatible with both Android 6.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone and loudspeaker.
- 8GB onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Inbuilt NFC supports Ali Pay that lets you make payment directly from the watch on the go.
- Ships with e-SIM that enables cellular connectivity up to 4G LTE.
Xiaomi Mi Watch Fitness Tracking Features
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track outdoor activities, so you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- 10 Preloaded sport modes.
- Tracks your sleep stages.
- Heart rate monitor tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, VO2 Max., blood oxygen and sedentary reminder.
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|