Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm) (Cellular) (Stainless steel) Full Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: October, 2021
- Display:: LTPO OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Silicone | Stainless steel
- Battery Life:: 18hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iPhone 6s+ and iOS 15.0+
|Design:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.3 / 5)|
Apple Watch 7 is the biggest name right now on the market. It is the latest smartwatch from Apple and succeeds Apple Watch Series 6. The Watch 7 is a beauty to behold, it’s compact, lightweight, and very stylish too. It now has a larger screen-to-body ratio, brighter display, and fast charging. And with Watch OS 8 out of the box, the Watch 7 welcomes new watch faces, a reflect feature in the Mindfulness app, a new contact app, respiratory rate while sleeping, and new workout modes. It comes in two sizes and in cellular and GPS models. As well as features a massive 32GB storage. However, battery life hasn’t improved.
Apple Watch Series 7 New Features
- Design – More Durable Design
- Display – Larger and Brighter Display
- Activity Tracking Features – New workout modes and reflection in the mindfulness app
- Media and Storage
- Managing Notifications and Calls
- WatchOs 8
- Battery Life – Same 18hrs Battery Life
- It is equipped with an LTPO OLED powered always-on display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button and digital rotating crown with hepatic feedback.
- Ion-X glass covers the display of the aluminum model, while Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the stainless steel and titanium models.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- You can customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store. New watch faces have been added.
- Available in three materials; aluminum, stainless steel and titanium with ceramic and sapphire crystal back . GPS/Cellular model comes in all three materials, while GPS only model is available in only aluminum material. The straps are interchangeable and come in 22mm for (41mm) and 24mm for (45mm).
- Aluminum model is available in blue, green, red, starlight, and midnight colors. Stainless steel model is available in silver, graphite and gold colors, while Titanium model is available in titanium and Space black colors.
- Find my phone, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof), its waterproof up to 50 meters. It is also rated IPX7 dust resistant.
- Compatible with iPhone 6s+ and iOS 15.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports Apple Siri with a 50% louder loudspeaker that lets you play media files anywhere.
- 32GB (GPS + Cellular)/(GPS only) onboard storage capacity lets you take your music with you.
- Get access to Apple Music with over 75 million tracks of musical motivation on your wrist. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook. Subscription maybe required.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay (Not supported in all countries) .
- GPS + Cellular model is a standalone smartwatch that allow you call, text and stream Apple music without needing your phone.
- Apps can be accessed directly from your wrist.
- International calling that lets you call respective emergency contacts in almost anywhere in the world.
- Features watch face sharing that allows you to create and share watch faces from the Apple Watch.
- Features emoji app that allows you to send emojis as stickers through messages and links or use the emoji as watch face.
- Family setup allows family members who own an Apple Watch but don’t own an iPhone to still enjoy all the benefits of an Apple Watch by connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone.
- Find People app lets you share your locations. It comes handy in alerting you when a family member gets home as well as allows you to monitor the exact location of a family member.
- Smart money allows you to send money through the Apple cash family app.
- Siri can translate spoken words to a different language (10 languages supported). It also allows you to do simple tasks with your voice.
- Comes with preloaded sport modes include yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming. New workout modes like Tai Chi and pilates added.
- Tracks your swimming activities which includes laps count, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
- Can pair wirelessly with compatible gym equipment.
- Features a Breath App that can help you return back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day, to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- New Added a new reflect feature in the mindfulness app that allows you set an intention and center yourself with a beautiful animation.
- With inbuilt GPS, you can track outdoor activities, so that you can see your pace in real-time, location and routes.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories and sedentary reminder.
- Activity rings; stand, move and exercise help monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as also compete with friends.
- Features ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm.
- Features incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto dialling preset emergency contacts if the watch detects a fall and you’re unresponsive for a given time.
- Menstrual cycle tracking that allow you log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes.
- Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Handwashing app guides you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds inline with WHO recommendations as well as reminds you to wash your hands when you get home which can help prevent Covid-19.
- Cycling map app can help you find the perfect lane to follow as well as allows you to search nearby places.
- Hearing protection has been improved to be able to alert you when you reach the weekly listening dose as recommended by health authorities.
- Sleep tracking feature tracks your sleep comprehensively and shows your sleep stages and how long you slept. Also added a respiratory rate tracking during sleep that allows you to see how well you slept. New
- Features blood oxygen tracking that tracks your blood oxygen levels to determine how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real time as you climb up or down.
- Get access to Apple Fitness+ – a premium fitness service powered by Apple Watch that gives you access to world-class workouts by world’s best trainers. Workout metrics can also be synced to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- Equipped with a built-in compass that lets you easily navigate and find your bearing.
- Premium, stylish and lightweight design.
- Larger and brighter display.
- A comprehensive activity tracker.
- Onboard 32GB storage capacity.
- You can make and receive calls with the GPS models.
- The cellular model is a standalone smartwatch.
- Make payments on the go with Apple Pay.
- Incidental fall detection, emergency SOS and international calling.
- ECG and blood oxygen measurement onboard.
- Fast charging
- Battery life isn’t so impressive.
- Quite expensive.
- Not compartible with Android devices.
The Watch 7 is a very fine smartwatch. Its also a very compact and comfortable smartwatch to wear. It comes in two sizes, 41mm and 45mm. Unlike Watch 6 down to 4 which all have a 40mm and 44mm sizes. This is as a result of the larger unspecified display of the Watch 7.
The Watch 7 is available in three different materials, aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium. The straps come in a silicone or leather material which is available as a solo loop-styled or linked-styled.
The aluminum model is available in blue, green, red, starlight, and midnight colors, while the stainless steel model is available in graphite, silver, and gold colors. The titanium model is available in space black and Titanium colors.
The Watch 7 is rated 5ATM which means that it’s waterproof up to 50meters. It is also rated IPX7 which means that it’s dustproof. And that’s to say the Watch 7 is a durably built device.
Apple has failed to specify the display sizes of the Watch Series 7. Nevertheless, the Watch 7 has a larger screen-to-body ratio and the company claims it’s 20% wider than the Series 6 and 50% wider than the Series 3. If our calculations are correct, it means that the Watch 7 41mm has a display size of 2 inches approx, while 45mm has a display size of 2.1 inches approx.
LTPO OLED still powers the display of Watch 7 which Apple claims is brighter than older models. The Watch 7 still has the iconic digital rotating crown button with a haptic feedback mechanism and a side button.
Just like its predecessor and older models of Apple watches, the Watch 7 is fitness-focused. It comes with an improved heart rate sensor, compass, altimeter, gyroscope, and accelerometer. All these enable it to track your calories, sleep, steps, heart rate, floors climbed, and more.
New workout modes like Tai Chi and Pilates have been added. It also features a new respiratory rate tracking during your sleep. There is also a new Reflect feature in the mindfulness app that helps you set an intention and center yourself with a beautiful animation.
Regular features like blood oxygen measurement, ECG, and hearing protection are all present. It also has an inbuilt GPS that will allow you to track your outdoor activities like routes and locations.
International emergency calling and SOS emergency calling features are also present as well as incidental fall detection which has now been improved.
The Watch 7 has a 32GB storage capacity just like the Watch 6. It also has a microphone and loudspeaker. This supports the Apple Siri voice assistant which allows you to do simple tasks with your voice as well as the ability to make and receive calls.
You can access Apple Music which gives you access to 75 million tracks of musical motivation riding on your wrist. Podcasts and audiobooks are also available. Subscription may be required to access Apple Music.
You can manage calls, SMS, and app notifications with the Watch 7. With a larger and brighter display, it’s easier to reply to notifications. You can now access the new QWERTY keyboard and you also use the digital rotating crown to scroll precisely to correct errors in texts.
You can reply to notifications with your voice, texts, or emojis. And because the Watch 7 has a microphone and loudspeaker, you can make and receive calls directly from the with your phone being nearby. The LTE model does not require your phone to make and receive calls.
There is also a new contact app just like you have it with Samsung’s Galaxy watches. The contact app will allow you to easily access contacts stored on your iPhone directly on the Watch 7. This makes it easier to make and manage calls.
WatchOS 8 is the new operating system that powers the Watch 7, 6, SE, 5, 4, and 3. It comes with new features like the addition of new watch faces as well as new workout modes. You can now access the Reflect feature in the mindfulness app to help you return back to calm. Other features include the addition of a contact app that allows you to easily access contacts stored on your iPhone directly from the watch. The new operating system also allows you to create multiple timers as well as gesture control and many more features.
Despite having a larger and brighter display, the Watch 7 has about 18hrs of battery life just like older models down to Watch 3. This is lower than what you get with the Galaxy Watch 4. Nevertheless, the Watch 7 has fast charging which Apple claims is 30% faster than Watch 6.
Apple Watch Series 7 (45mm) (Cellular) Features
Apple Watch Series 7 Fitness Tracking Features
Equipped with a third-generation Heart rate sensor that tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training effortlessly. It can also alert you of irregular heart rhytms….
(Cellular), (Stainless steel), Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm)
Apple Watch Series 6
Apple Watch Hermès, Apple Watch Nike+
41 x 35 x 10.7 mm
42.3g (stainless steel)
Bezeless, Sapphire glass
(Stainless steel: graphite, silver, and gold)
1000nit, LTPO OLED
352 x 430 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
GSM / HSPA / LTE
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
Via App, Yes
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Regular: up to 18hrs
(Fast charging), Charging dock
Apple S7 (64-bit)
Apple Watch App
iOS 15.0+, iPhone 6s+
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Series 7, Charger, Manual, Straps
There are no reviews yet.