Garmin Fenix 6S Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2019
- Display:: 1.2 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 9 days
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and iOS 11.0+
|Design:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.3 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Garmin Fenix 6S Specifications and Features – The Fenix 6S is compact-sized GPS multisport smartwatch with a sophisticated design and a classic appearance. It has the smallest case size among the 6 members of the Fenix 6 Series, and a basic version compared to the higher-end Fenix 6S Pro with more features. The Fenix 6S lacks onboard storage capacity, Wi-Fi, trendline popularity routing, and ski maps which are all present on the Fenix 6S Pro.
The Fenix 6S with 1.2 inches display is quite slim and features a more durable Corning Gorilla glass DX covering the colored transflective MIP display that’s easy to read outdoors. Garmin has added a new widget feature that allows you to add up to 6 complications for Fenix 6S and 6S Pro, and up to 8 complications for the Fenix 6X, this makes it easier to access your favorite features.
The Fenix 6 series just like the 5 Plus series is fully equipped to track your active life with a broad range of sensors that include the pulse OX sensor that tracks blood oxygen during acclimation and while sleeping, while also featuring incidental fall detection that sends out your location discreetly when a fall has occurred.
The higher-end Fenix 6S Pro comes with 32GB onboard storage, Pacepro that enables grade-guidance that can improve your running experience, WiFi, and trendline popularity routing with ski maps which are all lacking on the basic Fenix 6. There’s also a more premium version of the Fenix 6S with sapphire glass for screen protection and titanium bezel and straps but will cost you more money.
New activity tracking features include ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses that lets you see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain, and wrist-base heart rate tracking while swimming which can help you manage your swimming activities.
Also new to Fenix 6S series is the new battery management feature that enables custom battery modes, including the expedition mode (GPS only) and Ultratrac mode that’s lets you go longer on a single charge.
Garmin Fenix 6S Features
- 1.2 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors, and touchscreen.
- Preloaded sport modes.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Added widget watch face that lets you add your favorite complications.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
Garmin Fenix 6S Activity Tracking Features
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack that lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Added incidental fall detection and assistant feature that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. Holding the light button down until you feel the watch vibrate 3 times will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature). Also new is the live event sharing that lets you share your training activities with members of the Garmin Connect community.
- Activity tracking features include , steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age, and all-day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting, and available gym profiles which include strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair-stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning, and analysis features include , downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles, and advanced workouts.
In addition, are training load, training status, and training that let you see how productive your training has been overtime and can help you plan and train more effectively.
Other training and planning tools includes auto and manual multisport activities, Garmin live segments, course guidance and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
Also available, are recovery time that measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training, helping you train at the best time and an HRV stress test that measures your stress level instantly.
- Running features include GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Other running features include, cadence (real-time steps/min), stride length, running dynamics, race predictor, performance condition and lactate threshold that analysis HR and pace to estimate when the muscles begin to fatigue.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
Other outdoor recreational features include, point-to-point navigation, bread crumb trail in realtime, elevation profile, GPS coordinates and barometric trend indicator with storm alerts. Including ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses that lets you see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking with lots of available courses to choose from.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
Also supports open water swimming, and measures distance, strokes, SWOLF, calories and pace. There are available pool swimming workouts to choose from.
Added Underwater wrist-base heart rate tracking that tracks your heart rate while swimming which can help you manage your training intensity more productively.
- Tactical features include dual grid coordinates that let you save your current location and you can navigate back to the same location later.
- Features the Running power app available on the Garmin App store, the power app analysis your pace and vertical oscillation to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground, helping you run at your pace.
- Added TOPO US mapping that enables at a glance navigation and location tracking, including round-trip runs and ride that enable you to enter a distance with appropriate course suggestion, and easy to read guidance cues that provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns. And for cyclists and runners, there’s Trendline popularity routing that uses billions of miles of Garmin Connect data to help you find and follow the best trails and routes.
- Added Wrist-base pulse OX sensor that monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and three-axis electronic compass.
Garmin Fenix 6S Review
Garmin Fenix 6S
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
42 x 42 x 13.8 mm
Black, Gray, Rose-gold, White
LCD, Memory-in-pixel (MIP), transflective
240 x 240 px
|Custom watch face|
5 Physical buttons
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Battery saver mode: 34 days, Expedition GPS mode: 20 days, Smartwatch mode: up to 9 days
Android 5.0+, iOS 11.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Fenix 6S, Manual, Straps