Apple Watch Ultra – Full Smartwatch Specifications
- Release date:: September, 2022
- Display:: 1.92 inches | LTPO OLED, Touchscreen, Digital Crown
- Body:: Titanium | silicone straps
- Battery Life:: 18hrs
- Storage:: 1GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Microphone, Loudspeaker
- Compatibility:: iPhone 8+ and iOS 16.0+
|Design:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Features:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.5 / 5)|
Apple Watch Ultra – Full Smartwatch Specifications – Apple at its “Far Out” event on the 7th of September announced the Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch Ultra, and Apple Watch SE 2. All three watches run on the WatchOS 9 out of the box, and the new operating system which also supports Apple Watch 4, 5, 6, 7, and SE brings new features such as the ability to track sleep stages, custom workouts, multisport workout, new watch faces, and low power battery saver mode. The Watch Ultra is a whole new smartwatch from Apple targeting outdoor workout enthusiasts with its longer battery life, dual-band GPS, and water temperature sensor.
Unlike the Watch 8 which is available in two sizes, the Watch Ultra is only available in one size. It comes in 49mm size and is only available in the GPS+cellular model just like the Stainless steel model of the Watch 8.
The Watch Ultra spots a rectangular shape made of titanium while the screen is made of sapphire glass. The bezel is raised slightly above the 2D sapphire glass to help prevent impact on the screen. It has a digital crown, a physical button, and a new action button that makes it even easier to navigate. It has a 10ATM waterproof rating and is also certified MIL-STD-810H. This makes it a very durable and rugged watch that can withstand harsh weather conditions.
The Watch Ultra spots a 1.92 inches display size powered by LTPO OLED with brightness up to 2000nits. The display is very colorful and also easy to read even under direct sunlight.
In the fitness department, the Watch Ultra is able to track steps, calories, distance, sleep, heart rate, ECG, and blood oxygen. It welcomes a temperature sensor that will enable it to monitor skin temperature changes and will also help track the ovulation period for women. There is also a water temperature sensor that will allow it to monitor water temperature when you swim with it. Meanwhile, with the WatchOS 9, the Watch Ultra welcomes the ability to track sleep stages, custom workout modes, and as well as the ability to track AFIB history. It also has a dual-band GPS that enables more accurate mapping of your routes and locations.
Being a standalone smartwatch, the Watch Ultra ships with an eSIM, and it’s equipped with both a microphone and speaker that allows it to make and receive calls without an iPhone. The speaker on the Watch Ultra is a dual speaker that supports its siren feature with a noise level of up to 89db. It’s also equipped with an NFC chip that enables non-contactless payments via Apple Pay in supported countries. It packs a 32GB massive storage capacity that lets you add enough music to the watch which you can listen to offline.
The Watch Ultra boasts up to 36hrs battery life which is quite awful for an outdoor smartwatch. Nonetheless, it also has a battery saver mode that can get you a little longer battery life when activated.
Apple Watch Ultra Features
- Features 1.92 inches LTPO OLED-powered always-on display. Navigation is via touchscreen, 1 physical button, 1 action button, and a digital rotating crown with a hepatic feedback mechanism.
- Sapphire crystal glass covers the display of the Watch Ultra.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer, and stopwatch.
- You can customize the watch face from available watch faces or download watch faces from the pool of many watch faces available on the app store. 4 new watch faces have also been added.
- Features Find my phone, remote music control, and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS, and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 10ATM (swim-proof), it’s waterproof up to 50 meters. It is also rated IPX7 dust resistant and certified MIL-STD-810H.
- Compatible with iPhone 8+ and iOS 16.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt microphone supports voice inputs and a loudspeaker that lets you make and receive calls directly from the watch.
- Equipped with 32GB onboard storage capacity that lets you take your music with you.
- Get access to Apple Music with over 75 million tracks of musical motivation on your wrist. You can also catch up on the latest podcasts or listen to an audiobook. A subscription may be required. Other music services include Spotify, Youtube Music, and Tidal.
- Equipped with an NFC chip that allows you to make payments on the go with Apple Pay (Not supported in all countries) .
- A standalone smartwatch that allows you to call, text, and stream Apple music without connecting to your iPhone.
- Features an App store that allows you to search and install your favorite apps directly on the watch.
- Features international emergency calling that lets you call respective emergency contacts almost anywhere in the world.
- Features Family setup – It allows family members who own an Apple Watch but don’t own an iPhone to still enjoy all the benefits of an Apple Watch by connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone. In WatchOS 9, family setup now allows you to invite others to the home and wallet apps so that they can have access to important keys and also be able to control important home appliances.
- Siri can translate spoken words into a different language (10 languages supported). It also allows you to do simple tasks with your voice.
- With WatchOS 9, the built-in qwerty keyboard now supports additional 6 languages. This includes French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
Apple Watch Series 8 Fitness Tracking Features
- Comes with preloaded sports modes including yoga, cycling, indoor and outdoor running and swimming. New multisport workout mode has been added, and you can now also create custom workouts.
- Tracks your swimming activities which include laps count, track average lap pace, and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burnt.
- Features a breathing App in the mindfulness app that can help you return back to calm by encouraging you to take a moment in your day to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction. The mindfulness app also has a reflect feature that allows you set an intention and center yourself with a beautiful animation.
- With inbuilt GPS, you can track outdoor activities, so that you can see your pace in real-time, location, and routes. With WatchOS 9, you can now see your elevation data, activity ring, and heart rate zones as you train.
- Equipped with a third-generation Heart rate sensor that tracks your heart rate so you can manage the intensity of your training effortlessly.
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories, and sedentary reminder.
- The Activity ring app features stand, move and exercise functions that help monitor your daily activities, and can tell when you’re sitting, standing or exercising more often than required. You can as also compete with friends.
- Features ECG tracking that lets you take instant ECG test directly from your wrist which can help you detect atrial fibrillation – a form of irregular heart rhythm. And with WatchOS 9, individuals diagnosed with atrial fibrillation can now track AFib history.
- Features incidental fall detection that can help you seek and get immediate help when a fall has occurred by auto-dialing preset emergency contacts if the watch detects a fall and you’re unresponsive for 60 seconds. Moreover, with a powerful 256 g-forces accelerometer, the Watch 8 can now detect when your car has crashed.
- Supports menstrual cycle tracking that allows you to log your cycle which can help you monitor and detect changes. The newly added temperature sensor can help monitor the ovulation period by detecting temperature changes.
- There is a Noise App that alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing. Moreover, hearing protection has been improved to be able to alert you when you reach the weekly listening dose as recommended by health authorities.
- There is a Handwashing app that guides you to wash your hand for up to 20 seconds in line with WHO recommendations as well as reminds you to wash your hands when you get home which can help prevent Covid-19.
- The map app can help you find the perfect lane to follow as well as allows you to search nearby places.
- The Sleep tracking app will track your total sleep time and time spent in each four stages of sleep. There is also a respiratory rate feature that tracks your breathing rate during sleep, and you can see your respiratory rate in the health app.
- Features blood oxygen tracking that tracks your blood oxygen levels to determine how well your blood utilizes oxygen.
- Equipped with an always-on altimeter that lets you see your elevation changes in real-time as you climb up or down.
- Features Apple Fitness+ – A premium fitness service powered by Apple Watch that gives you access to world-class workouts by the world’s best trainers. Workout metrics can also be synced to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
- The compass app has been redesigned with the addition of three different views. You can also retrace your steps using the backtrack feature.
- Added a new medication app that lets you log your medications such as supplements, vitamins, and more so that you never get to skip your schedules.
- There is a new temperature sensor that can monitor your skin temperature and will also help track the ovulation period for women.
Apple Watch Ultra
Samsung Gear S
Cellular + GPS
49 x 44 x 14.4mm
2000nits, LTPO OLED
410 x 502 pixels
|Custom watch face|
1 Action button, 1 Physical button, Digital crown, Touchscreen
BEIDOU, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, QZSS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
GSM / HSPA / LTE
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
Water temperature sensor
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
(Fast charging), Charging dock
Apple S8 (64bit)
Apple Watch App
iPhone 8+ with iOS 16+
|Find my phone|
Apple Watch Ultra, Charger, Manual, Straps