Garmin Forerunner 255s Music Full Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: June, 2022
- Display:: 1.1 inches, Transflective (MIP) LCD
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 12 days
- Storage:: 4GB ROM
- Compatibility:: Android 7.0+ and iOS 14.0+
|Design:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.8 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Garmin Forerunner 255s Music Specifications and Features – The Garmin Forerunner 255 series was released in June 2022, and it is the successor to the popular Forerunner 245. The Forerunner 255 comes in two sizes and it comes with new features such as the ability to count floors, thanks to the presence of an altimeter. It also features a multi-band GPS sensor that enables increased location tracking accuracy during outdoor workouts. Moreover, it has up to 12 days of battery life which is about twice the battery life of its predecessor, and it comes with more activity tracking features.
The Forerunner 255 is available in two sizes; Forerunner 255 and Forerunner 255s, the latter is more compact, but has a smaller display size and is compatible with 18mm straps, whereas the bigger size is compatible with 22mm straps. Both sizes are also available in the Music and non-music edition. The Music edition comes with 4GB storage capacity out of which about 3GB is available for you to load music to the watch.
The Forerunner 255s Music is priced at $400, while the non-music edition is priced at $350.
The Forerunner 255s is a multisport GPS smartwatch that is durably built and well equipped to track a long list of activities. It comes with a fiber-polymer material case paired with silicone straps. A Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen protects the display. It has 5 physical buttons that allow you to easily navigate the watch.
A colorful and easy to read transflective memory-in-pixel technology powers the display, and you get lots of watch faces to choose from.
The Forerunner 255s is equipped with a number of sensors that enable it to track your steps, calories, sleep, heart rate, stress, blood oxygen, floors, and many more activities. It has an inbuilt GPS as well as a multi-band GPS sensor that enables it to track your routes, pace, and locations more efficiently.
Garmin Forerunner 255s Features
- 1.1 inches transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display, bright and easy to read outdoors.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, and control music on smartphone.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 18mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android 7.0+ and iOS 14.0+ devices.
- Sync and upload data from your watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- 4GB onboard music storage capacity with support for streaming platforms such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon Music.
Garmin Forerunner 255s Activity Tracking Features
Health Monitoring Features
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- Resting heart rate
- Abnormal heart rate (high and low)
- Respiratory rate
- Blood oxygen measurement
- Fitness age (shows your fitness status)
- Battery energy monitor (gives you insight into your fitness level to help you know the best time to train)
- Stress monitoring
- Relaxation reminder
- Relaxation breathing reminder
- Sleep tracking
- Sleep score insights
- Hydration tracking
- Menstrual cycle tracking for women
- Health snapshot
Safety and Tracking Features
- Live event sharing
- Incidental fall detection
Allows your family and friends to follow your outdoor workout activities in real time.
Allows you to send real-time updates on your outdoor training activity to family and friends.
Will enable the watch to detect a hard fall. When a hard fall is detected and your phone is nearby, the watch will activate Assistance.
When Assistance is activated, the watch will automatically send a message with your name and current location to a preset emergency contact (phone must be nearby).
Activity Tracking Features
- Steps counter
- Move bar (Displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (Learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Calories burnt
- Floors climbed
- Distance travelled
- Move IQ
- Garmin Connect Challenges app (optional Connect IQ app)
Gym and Fitness Equipment
- Automatic rep counting
- Available gym profiles (Strength, HIIT, cardio and elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, pilates and yoga)
- Strenght workout
- HIIT workouts
- Yoga workouts
- Pilates workouts
- Onscreen workout animations
- Onscreen workout muscle maps
Heart Rate Tracking Features
- HR zones
- HR alerts
- HR calories
- % HR max
- Recovery time (measures how well you’ve recovered from previous training)
- Auto Max HR
- Morning report New
- Race glance/widget New
- HRV status New
- HR Broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ant+™ to paired devices)
- Respiratory rate during exercise (with compatible accessory)
Training, Planning, and Analysis Features
- GPS speed and distance
- Customizable data pages
- Customizable activity profiles
- Auto pause
- Interval training
- Improved interval (Includes open repeats, intervals data page, rest screen and auto detection) New
- Advanced workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto lap
- Manual lap
- Rest timer
- Configurable lap alerts
- VO2 Max. (run)
- VO2 Max. (trail run)
- Training status (improved)
- Training load
- Training load focus
- Training effect (aerobic)
- Training effect (anaerobic)
- Primary benefit (Training effect labels)
- Improved recovery time
- Daily suggested workouts (for 7 days)
- Custom alerts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Virtual partner
- Race an activity
- Auto multisport activities
- Manual multisport activities
- Course guildance
- Touch and/or button lock
- Auto scroll
- Activity history on watch
- Physio trueUp
- Available run profiles include running, outdoor track running, treadmill running, indoor track running, trail running, virtual running, and ultra running.
- GPS-based distance, pace and time
- Running dynamics (with compatible accessory)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (with compatible accessory)
- Ground contact time and balance (with compatible accessory)
- Real-time stride length (with compatible accessory)
- Running power (with compatible accessory) (improved)
- Performance condition
- Lactate threshold (with compatible accessory)
- Run workouts
- Trail run auto climb
- Race predictor
- Course and weather-specific race predictor
- Foot pod capable
Outdoor Recreational Features
- Available outdoor recreational profiles include hiking, skiing, snowboarding, xc classic skiing, stand up paddleboarding, and rowing.
- Point-to-point navigation
- Breadcrumb trail in real-time
- Back to start
- Ultra mode
- Up ahead
- Elevation profile
- Distance to destination
- Barometric trend indicator with storm alert
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent/decent
- Feature elevation plot
- Projected waypoint
- Sun and moon information
- Available cycling profiles include Biking, mountain biking, ebiking, and emountain biking.
- MTB Grit and Flow
- Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor
- Race an activity
- Functional threshold power (with compatible accessory)
- Compatible with vector and rally power meters
- Power meter compatible
- Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia lights
- Speed and cadence sensor support (w/sensor)
Swim Tracking Features
- Available swim profiles include pool swimming and open water swimming.
- Open-water swim metrics include distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, swim efficiency (SWOLF) and calories
- Pool swim metrics include lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (swolf) and calories
- Stroke type detection includes freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly (pool swim only)
- Drill logging (pool swim only)
- Basic rest timer (up from 0) (pool swim only)
- Repeat on rest timer (pool swim only)
- Auto rest (pool swim only)
- Time and distance alerts
- Pacing alerts (pool swim only)
- Countdown start (pool swim only)
- Pool swim workouts
- Critical swim speed
- Underwater heart rate tracking
- Heart rate from external HRM (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim)
- Ver compact, lightweight and sturdily built.
- A multisport GPS smartwatch and a comprehensive activity tracker.
- Onboard music storage.
- Up to 12 days long battery life.
- Lacks microphone and loudspeaker.
- Not touchscreen.
Garmin Forerunner 255s Music
Garmin Forerunner 245
Garmin Forerunner 255, Garmin Forerunner 255 Music
41 x 41 x 12.4 mm
Light pink, Powder gray
LCD, Memory-in-pixel (MIP), transflective
218 x 218 px
|Custom watch face|
(not touchscreen), 5 Physical buttons
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
Multi-band GPS sensor
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
GPS mode: up to 26 hrs, Smartwatch mode: up to 12 days
Android 7.0+, iOS 14.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Forerunner 255, Manual, Straps
There are no reviews yet.