Garmin Venu 2S Specifications, Features, Pros, Cons and Price
- Release date:: June, 2021
- Display:: 1.1 inches, AMOLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 10 days
- Storage:: 4GB ROM
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and iOS 13.0+
|Design:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.1 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.3 / 5)|
Garmin Venu 2S Specifications, Features Pros, and Cons – The Venu 2S is one of the latest smartwatches from Garmin. It’s a stylish and durably built smartwatch that is loaded with lots of features. It is the successor to the very successful Venu, and in this regard, it comes in two sizes; Venu 2 and Venu 2s, and as well comes with new activity-tracking features like health snapshot, muscle heatmaps, sleep score insights, and longer battery life. Beyond this, the Venu 2S also comes with music storage capacity, Garmin Pay, and the ability to manage notifications.
Garmin Venu 2S Design
The Venu 2 like the Venu is an attractive timepiece, it’s a beauty to behold. Thanks to its stylish stainless steel bezel and fiber-reinforced polymer case. The straps are made of silicone and are interchangeable with compatible 20mm straps. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The always-on 1.1 inches display is powered by AMOLED which is very colorful and offers a better viewing experience especially when outdoors. It comes with an ambient light sensor that auto-regulates the screen brightness depending on the environment. There are preloaded watch faces to choose from and you can also get more from the Garmin Connect app. Venu 2s is available in graphite, light sand/light gold, silver/mist gray, and rose-gold/white colors.
Garmin Venu 2 Activity Tracking
The Venu 2S comes with lots of activity tracking features. It’s equipped with a heart rate sensor, accelerometer, altimeter, pulse ox, and a gyroscope. All these sensors enable a bunch of activity tracking features which include all the basics such as steps counting and tracking of your sleep, heart rate, blood oxygen, floors climbed, and calories. It comes with an inbuilt GPS that enables you to track outdoor activities like your routes and locations.
Onscreen animated workout modes introduced to Venu are also available on Venu 2S. Moreover, on-screen animated heatmaps that show which muscle is being worked is also available Venu 2. Other new features include the health snapshot that shows your heart rate, SpO2, respiration rate, and stress at a glance as well as a sleep score insight.
Other activity tracking features include preset workout modes, menstrual cycle tracking, incidental fall detection, and more.
Garmin Venu 2S Music Storage, Managing Notifcations and Garmin Pay
Venu 2S comes with a music storage capacity that allows you to store your favorite tracks on the watch. You add your personal music, and you can also download your Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer playlist to the watch. It also allows you to manage the notifications you receive on your connected phone. You will need to enable the apps you want to receive notifications from in the Garmin Connect app. There is also Garmin Pay that allows you to make and receive payments directly from the watch.
Garmin Venu 2S Battery Life
The battery life of the Venu 2 is also impressive. It has a long battery life that lets you go long from a single charge. You can get up to 10 days with smartwatch mode, up to 11 days with battery saver mode, and up to 19 hours with continuous GPS tracking.
Garmin Venu 2S Features
- It comes with a 1.1 inches AMOLED display that is very colorful and also easy to read outdoors. Navigation is via two physical buttons and touchscreen.
- Features lots of preset sport modes to choose from.
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- It is rated 5ATM which represents 50 meters waterproof rating (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Make payment directly from watch with Garmin Pay.
- You can download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Check if your device is compartible
- Sync and upload data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- 4GB onboard storage capacity with support for streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon Music. You can download your playlist from any of the aforementioned brands and as well store personal music to the watch.
Garmin Venu 2 Activity Tracking Features
- Health Monitoring features include
- Safety and Tracking Features include
- Activity Tracking Features include
- Gym and Fitness Equipment include
- Heart Rate Tracking Features include
- Training, Planning, and Analysis Features include
- Running Features include
- Golfing Features include
- Outdoor Recreational Features include
- Cycling Features include
- Swim Tracking Features include
Heart rate monitoring with abnormal heart rate alerts. A battery energy monitor gives you insight into your fitness level to help you know the best time to train. Also, fitness age shows your fitness status, while Pulse Ox. monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation. Others include sleep tracking, menstrual cycle tracking for women, hydration tracking, stress monitoring, and sedentary reminders.
The New Health Snapshot feature will allow you to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration, and stress. You can then generate a report with those stats via the Garmin Connect™ app on your compatible smartphone to share.
LiveTrack lets you invite others to join in your training goals and group LiveTrack lets you invite more people to join in your training activities.
Features Incidental fall detection and assistant that let you seek help when a fall has occurred. The watch will automatically send your location to preset emergency contacts when an incidental fall or a problem has happened (phone must be connected to the watch to enable this feature).
Steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance traveled, intensity minutes, TRUEUP and MOVE IQ.
Cardio workouts, yoga workouts, strength workouts, HIIT workouts, pilates workouts, and automatic rep counting. Available gym profiles include strength, cardio, HIIT and elliptical training, stair-stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, yoga, pilates, and breathwork.
Features animated on-screen workouts that are easy to follow. Available preloaded workouts include animated cardio, strength, yoga, Pilates, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT). You can also download more from the Garmin Connect app.
Features on-screen workout muscle maps – a detailed activity profile that puts scaling and strength PRs right at your wrist plus graphics that show what muscle groups you worked.
HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max, and HR broadcast data to the paired device.
Downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles, advanced workouts, auto lap, and manual lap, and more.
GPS-based distance, cadence provides realt-time steps per minutes, run workouts and foot pod capable. Available run profiles include running, indoor track running, and treadmill running.
Yardage to layups, measures shot distance, and stat tracking. Others include Garmin auto shot, pinpointer, hazards and course targets, digital scorecard, and round timer.
Back to start, total descent/ascent, sun and moon information, hunt/fish calendar, and area calculation. Available outdoor recreational profiles include hiking, indoor climbing, bouldering, skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, and stand up paddleboarding, rowing.
Alerts triggers alarm when you reach goals including time, distance, heart rate or calories. Also features advanced vector support, speed and cadence sensor support, and race and activity. Compatible with Varia Lights, and Varia radar. Available cycling profiles include biking and indoor biking.
Pool swim metrics include lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (swolf), and calories.
Stroke type detection include freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly (pool swim only).
Other features include drill logging (pool swim only), basic rest timer (up from 0) (pool swim only), “repeat on” rest timer (pool swim only), auto rest (pool swim only), time and distance alerts, pacing alerts (pool swim only), countdown start (pool swim only), pool swim workouts and critical swim speed.
Also features underwater heart rate tracking. Available swim profiles include pool swimming, open water swimming, swim running.
- Stylish, compact and lightweight design.
- Comprehensive activity tracker.
- Make payment on the go with Garmin Pay.
- Pulse ox sensor onboard.
- 4GB onboard music storage.
- Animated workouts modes.
- Lacks microphone and loudspeaker.
Garmin Venu 2/2S Review
Garmin Venu 2S
Garmin Venu 2 & Venu 2S
40.4 x 40.4 x 12.1 mm
Graphite, Light sand/light gold, Rose-gold/white, Silver/mist gray
360 x 360 pixel
|Custom watch face||
2 Physical buttons, Touchscreen
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||
GPS mode with music: Up to 7 hours, GPS mode without music: Up to 19 hours, Smartwatch mode: Up to 10 days
Android 6.0+, iOS 13.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Garmin Venu 2S, Manual, Straps