Garmin Venu Sq Specifications, Features and Price
- Release date:: September, 2020
- Display:: 1.3 inches, LCD, Touchscreen
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Storage:: 4GB
- Battery Life:: 6 days
- Compatibility:: Android 5-0+ and iOS 11.0+
|Design:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.1 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.7 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.0 / 5)|
Garmin Venu Sq Full Specifications and Features – Garmin has released the Venu Sq a lower-end version of Venu that was released last year. It lacks an AMOLED display, onscreen animated workouts, and can’t count floors which are all present on Venu. Although Venu Sq is a decent smartwatch that’s lightweight and comes with music storage, Garmin Pay, lots of fitness tracking features, and has a slightly longer battery life and bigger display than Venu.
The rectangular Venu Sq is sturdily built and very lightweight thanks to its fiber-reinforced polymer frame and silicone bands, while the bezel is made of aluminum. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the screen which is touch-sensitive alongside two physical buttons for easy navigation. It has a 1.3 inches LCD display that is not so colorful as AMOLED, but vivid and can easily be read outdoors.
Fitness tracking features of Venu Sq include blood oxygen tracking, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, hearing protection, respiration tracking, menstrual cycle tracking, underwater heart rate monitoring, and incidental fall detection. It has lots of preset workout modes to choose from and has inbuilt GPS for outdoor activity tracking.
The Venu Sq comes with music storage and streaming features that allow you to listen to your favorite tracks directly from the watch. It also has Garmin Pay that allows you to make payments from the watch.
The battery life of Venu Sq can keep you going for up to 6 days with smartwatch mode and about 14 hours with continuous GPS tracking.
Garmin Venu Sq Features
- 1.3 inches LCD display, highly interactive and lively, and touchscreen.
- Up to 6 days long battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Clock features: Time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Calls reject/text response with preset texts (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, control music on smartphone and remote camera control.
- ANT+, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi keeps you connected to all that matters to you, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 11.0+ devices.
- Sync data from watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- Onboard music storage that lets you take your favorite tracks with you on the go, as well download from your favorite apps such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon music.
Garmin Venu Activity Tracking Features
- 20 Preloaded sport modes.
- Added hydration tracking that lets you log your daily water intake to help you stay hydrated and see how consistent you are from day-to-day.
- Added respiration tracking that tracks how well you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep and during training activities.
- Added body battery energy monitor that tracks your body energy throughout the day so that you can find the best time to train or rest.
- Added pulse Ox sensor that tracks your blood oxygen level during the day and while you sleep to help you see how well your body absorbs oxygen.
- Advance sleep monitoring that tracks the three sleep stages; light, deep and REM with data from pulse ox and respiration tracking for a more detailed and accurate sleep analysis.
- Added wrist-based underwater heart rate tracking that tracks your heart rate while you swim, which can help you manage your training intensity more productively.
- Garmin coach is your personal running coach right on your wrist that can coach you through your next 5k, 10, or even longer goals.
- Safety and tracking features include, LiveTrack that lets you invite others to join in your training goals and incidental fall detection that automatically sends your location to preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred (phone must be connected to watch to enable this features).
- Activity tracking features includes, steps counter, sleep monitoring, calories, floors climbed, distance, intensity minutes, fitness age and all day stress tracking.
- Gym and fitness equipment includes, cardio and strength workout, automatic rep counting and available gym profiles which includes strength, cardio, elliptical, rowing, stair stepping, and yoga.
- Training, planning and analysis features includes, downloadable training plans, VO2 max, activity history on watch, GPS speed and distance, create custom activity profiles and advanced workouts.
- Heart rate tracking features includes, HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to paired device.
- Running features includes, GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running.
- Golfing features includes, Garmin auto shot, pin pointer, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features includes, back to start, total decent/ascent and available outdoor recreational profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing.
- Cycling features includes, time/distance alerts, compatible with varia, speed and cadence sensor support and available cycling profiles such as biking and indoor biking.
- Swim tracking features includes,pool swim metrics, stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and pool swimming as available swim profile.
- Log and track cycles with the Garmin menstrual cycle tracking feature that can help you detect physical and emotional symptoms.
- Hydration tracking app allows you to log your daily fluid intake as a reminder to stay hydrated. You can even have an auto goal for hydration that adjusts based on how much sweat you lose during activities
Garmin Venu Sq Review
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|