Garmin Vivosmart 4 – Full Smartwatch Specifications
- Release date:: August, 2018
- Display:: 0.75 inch, Monochrome OLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Battery Life:: 7 days
- Compatibility:: Android 7.0+ and iOS 15.0+
|Design:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.4 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
Garmin Vivosmart 4 – Full Smartwatch Specifications – The Garmin Vivosmart 4 is a slim, lightweight and fitness-focused smartband that’s easy on the wrist and can be worn all through the day. It comes in a fiber-polymer case with an aluminum bezel paired with silicone straps.
The Vivosmart 4 is swim-proof, thanks to its 5ATM waterproof rating. It has an easy to read monochrome OLED display while navigation is effortless with the touch-sensitive screen.
Beyond the remarkable design, the Vivosmart 4 is equipped with a heart rate sensor, accelerometer, spo2 sensor and an altimeter. These sensors enable it to track your heart rate, calories, sleep, stress, blood oxygen and floors climbed.
There is no inbuilt GPS in the Vivosmart 4, however, it can track your pace and routes during an outdoor workout by connecting to your phone’s GPS. It will also monitor your fitness level using your VO2 max. There is also the fitness age metric that tells how fit you are compared to your age.
Other health-tracking features include the body battery energy monitor, hydration tracking and menstrual cycle tracking for women.
The Vivosmart 4 will also keep you connected to all that matters to you. It features a weather app and also features a music playback control app. Moreover, it will alert you when you receive a message on your phone, and you have the option to reply to messages with preset replies (Android only). You can also reject an incoming call with a quick reply. Note that you must enable notifications for your preferred apps before you can receive messages on the Vivosmart 4.
In terms of battery life, you can get up to 7 days long battery life on mixed usage. It’s a bit less when you enabled blood oxygen measurement during sleep.
Garmin Vivosmart 4 Features
- 0.75 inch monochrome OLED display with touchscreen for easy navigation.
- Up to 7 days long battery life in mixed usage.
- Clock features: Time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Reject calls with preset texts, and also reply to messages with preset replies (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, and control music on a smartphone with remote camera control also available.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- Compatible with both Android 7.0+ and iOS 15.0+ devices. Check if your phone is compatible.
- Sync data from your watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
Garmin Vivosmart 4 Activity Tracking Features
- Health monitoring features include:
Tracks your heart rate, sleep, and stress 24/7. Also features a body battery energy monitor that tracks your body energy throughout the day so that you can find the best time to train or rest. Other health monitoring features include hydration tracking which lets you log your water intake, fitness age that gives an estimate of how fit you are compared to your actual age and menstrual cycle tracking for women.
- Activity tracking features include: Steps counter, calories burnt, intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ and distance covered. Also available is Move Bar which displays after a period of inactivity and Auto Goal which gives you a daily goal after learning about your activity level.
- Gym and fitness equipment include: Available gym profiles include strength, cardio and elliptical training, stair stepping and yoga. Also available is automatic rep counting during exercises.
- Training, planning, and analysis features include: Features include GPS speed and distance, customizable data pages, customizable activity profiles, interval training, auto lap, VO2 max. (run) and custom alerts.
- Heart rate tracking features include: HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to a paired device.
- Running features include: Cadence with running as the only available run profile.
- Cycling features include: Biking profile.
- Available swim profile include: Pool swim.
- Compact and very lightweight.
- Up to 7 days long battery life
- A decent choice for tracking your daily activities.
- Features music playback control and can reply to messages with quick replies (Android only).
- Though easy to read, the display isn’t colorful.
- Straps can’t be changed.
Garmin Vivosmart 4
Garmin Vivosmart 3
Garmin Vivosmart 5
Small & Large
15 x 10.5 x 197 mm (small), 15 x 10.5 x 223mm (large)
16.5g (small), 17.1g (large)
48 x 128 pixels
|Custom watch face|
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Reply to Notifications|
Android only, Yes (preset replies)
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Mixed usage: Up to 7 days
Android 7.0+, iOS 15.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Straps, Garmin Vivosmart 4
There are no reviews yet.