The Ticwatch S2 and its predecessor, the Ticwatch S share a lot in common. Both are fitness-focused, circular in shape, and equipped with a 4GB storage capacity. However, for reasons best known to Mobvoi, the Ticwatch S2 lacks a speaker, which is available in its predecessor. Beyond this, the S2 is a more rugged, better fitness tracker with a slightly longer battery life. We take a look at the design and features of these two to find out the differences.
Ticwatch S vs S2: Specifications Compared
Ticwatch Sport (S) Specifications, Features and Price
Ticwatch S2 Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Ticwatch Sport (S)||Ticwatch S2|
|Device type||Fitness/Sport smartwatch||Fitness/Sport smartwatch|
|Release date||November, 2017||January, 2019|
|Dimension||45 x 45 x 13 mm||46.6 x 51.8 x 12.9 mm|
|Case material||Polycarbonate||Glass Fiber, Polyamide|
|Strap size||20 mm||22 mm|
|Interchangeable strap||20mm, Yes||22 mm, Yes|
|Screen protection||Anti-scracth glass||Anti-scracth glass|
|Water resistance||IP67||Yes, 5ATM|
|Display size||1.4 inches||1.39 inch|
|Display type||OLED||AMOLED, Full color|
|Display resolution||400 x 400 px||400 x 400 px|
|Pixel density||287 ppi||—|
|Custom watch face||Yes||Yes|
|Input type||1 Physical button, Touchscreen||1 Physical button, Touchscreen|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v4.1||Bluetooth v4.1|
|GPS||AGPS, BEIDOU, GLONASS, GPS||BEIDOU, GLONASS, GPS|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|Third-party apps alert||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||No||No|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Incidental fall detection||No||No|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||No||No|
|Battery type||non-removable Lithium-polymer||non-removable Lithium-polymer|
|Battery capacity||300mAh||416 mAh|
|Battery life||Regular: 48hrs+||Regular: 48hrs+|
|Charging type||Charging dock||Charging dock|
|Charging time||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Chipset||MTK MT2601||Snapdragon 2100|
|CPU||1.2GHz dual-core||1.2GHz dual-core|
|Operating system||Wear OS||Wear OS|
|Companion app||Ticwatch App||Ticwatch App|
|Compatibility||Android 4.3+, iOS 8.0+||Android 6.0+, iOS 10.0+|
|Voice command||Yes, Google Assistant||Yes, Google Assistant|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Straps, Ticwatch S||Charger, Manual, Straps, Ticwatch S2|
Which is Better?Although the Ticwatch S and S2 have a lot of features in common, there are a few differences that significantly differentiates these two which are listed below.
- While these two are circular in shape, the Ticwatch S2 has curved edges that leave it a slightly more adorable appearance than the Ticwatch S. The Ticwatch S2 is also more durable and rugged, thanks to a MIL-STD-810G – US military grade rating that ensures it can withstand adverse weather conditions. Both watches have a display size of 1.4/1.39 inches powered by OLED and AMOLED respectively.
- While the Ticwatch S straps cannot be replaced, the Ticwatch S2 straps can be replaced. This means that you can actually swap the straps according to your preference and style.
- While the Ticwatch S is rated IP68, the Ticwatch S2 is rated 5ATM. This means that it’s waterproof up to 50 meters compared to the 1.5 meters of its predecessor. In other words, the S2 can survive higher water submersion.
- Moreover, the Ticwatch S2 can track your swimming efficiency like SWOLF, calories and can detect strokes. The Ticwatch S lacks this feature.
- While both the Ticwatch S and S2 are equipped with a microphone, the Ticwatch S2 lacks a speaker which is present in the Ticwatch S. This means that with the Ticwatch S, you can make and receive calls when your phone is nearby. The Ticwatch S2 only supports voice assistant via Google Assistant which is also available on the Ticwatch S.
- The Ticwatch S2 has a higher battery capacity than the Ticwatch S. As a result, the Ticwatch S2 has a slightly longer battery life. You can get up to 2 days of battery life with the S2 and about a day with the Ticwatch S.
- Finally, the Ticwatch S2 is priced higher than the Ticwatch S.
Bottom line: Although each of these two is outstanding in their respective ways, the Ticwatch S2 is a better smartwatch than its predecessor. It’s a more rugged smartwatch with more activity tracking features. It also has a slightly longer battery life and a replaceable strap that allows you to customize your look.
On the other hand, the Ticwatch S is a cheaper alternative. Moreover, it has a speaker which was surprisingly left out of its successor.