The Honor Band 4 comes in two editions; the Standard edition which is more equipped and stylish and the Running edition which is a lite version and subsequently cheaper. The two are fitness-focused, but the Standard edition has a better display and is equipped with a heart rate sensor not present in the Running edition. In this comparison chart, we compare the Honor Band 4 Running vs Standard Edition to find out the differences.
Honor Band 4 Running vs Standard Edition: Specifications Compared
Honor Band 4 Running Edition Specifications, Features and Price
Honor Band 4 Standard Edition Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Honor Band 4 Running Edition||Honor Band 4|
|Device type||Fitness smartband||Fitness smartband|
|Release date||October, 2018||October, 2018|
|Predecessor||Honor Band 3||Honor Band 3|
|Successor||Honor Band 5||Honor Band 5|
|Dimension||40.5 x 14.8 x 11.2 mm||43 x 17.2 x 11.5 mm|
|Strap size||135 – 210mm||135 – 210mm|
|Screen protection||Anti-scracth glass||Anti-scracth glass|
|Water resistance||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Display size||0.5 inch||0.95 inches|
|Display type||Monochrome, POLED||AMOLED, Full color|
|Display resolution||—||240 x 120 pixel|
|Custom watch face||Yes||Yes|
|Input type||Touchkey||Touchkey, Touchscreen|
|Bluetooth||Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE||Yes, Bluetooth v4.2 LE|
|NFC||No||(special edition), Yes|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|Third-party apps alert||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||No||No|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||No||Yes|
|Incidental fall detection||No||No|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||No||No|
|Battery type||non-removable Lithium-polymer||non-removable Lithium-polymer|
|Battery life||Regular: 14 days||Regular: 14 days|
|Charging type||2-Pin charging||2-Pin charging|
|Charging time||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Companion app||Huawei Wear||Huawei Wear|
|Compatibility||Android 4.4+, iOS 9.0+||Android 4.4+, iOS 9.0+|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Honor Band 4, Manual, Straps||Charger, Honor Band 4, Manual, Straps|
The Standard and Running editions share a lot of features in common except that the Standard edition has more features. Each of these two comes equipped with an accelerometer and gyroscope that enables step counting, calorie counting, cadence, and sleep tracking. These two also have an outstanding long battery life that allows you to go long from a single charge. You get about 2 weeks of battery life with any of these two. Both smartbands will also alert you when you get a message on your phone. Both also feature Sedentary reminders, Do Not Disturb, and the ability to reject calls.
However, there are a few differences between these two which are stated below.
- The first difference you will notice between the Standard and Running editions is the appearance. The Standard edition is bigger, but these two are extremely lightweight. The Running edition offers more flexibility, it can be worn on the wrist or on the foot, while you can only wear the Standard edition on your wrist.
- The display type and size also differ. Due to the larger case size of the Standard edition, it has a 0.95-inch display size compared to the 0.5 inch of the Running edition. Moreover, while AMOLED powers the display of the Standard Edition, the Running edition has a monochrome POLED display. AMOLED is more colorful and offers a better viewing experience.
- There is no heart rate sensor in the Running edition, as a result, it can’t monitor your heart rate. Meanwhile, the Standard edition has a heart rate sensor that enables 24/7 heart rate monitoring. In other words, you can see your heart rate during a workout activity, and you can also monitor your heart rate over a period of time using the companion Health app.
- Finally, the Special edition of the Standard edition is equipped with an NFC that enables payment from the device (only available in China).
- As a result of the better design and more features, the Standard edition is priced higher than the Running edition.
In summary, the Honor Band 4 Standard edition is a better and more equipped smartband than the Running edition. It has a bigger and more colorful display. It’s also equipped with a heart rate sensor that enables 24/7 heart rate tracking.
On the other hand, the Band 4 Running edition is cheaper. It’s a great choice if you just want to track your running activities like cadence and other related metrics.