Garmin Venu Sq 2 – Full Smartwatch Specifications
- Release date:: September, 2022
- Display:: 1.41 inches, AMOLED, Touchscreen
- Body:: Silicone, Fiber-reinforced polymer
- Storage:: 4GB
- Battery Life:: 11 days
- Compatibility:: Android 7.0+ and iOS 15.0+
|Design:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Price:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Garmin Venu Sq 2 Full Smartwatch Specifications and Features – The Garmin Venu Sq 2 is the successor to the Venu Sq, and it comes with a significant number of new features that no doubt make it a better smartwatch than its predecessor. The Venu Sq 2 comes with a larger AMOLED display, a longer battery life, and more health tracking features.
The Venu Sq 2 is durably built with a fiber-polymer case paired with silicone bands. The bezel is made of anodized aluminum while the screen is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It’s rated 5ATM which represents 50 meters of waterproof resistance, thus, you can wear it to the swimming pool.
Unlike its predecessor, the Venu Sq 2 has a larger 1.41 inches display powered by AMOLED. Interacting with the watch is very easy via 2 physical buttons and a touch-sensitive display. There is now the Garmin Connect IQ store app onboard the watch which makes it easier to access your favorite apps and swap watch faces.
In the fitness tracking department, the Venu Sq 2 is equipped with a compass, accelerometer, inbuilt GPS, thermometer, Spo2 sensor and heart rate sensor. These sensors enable the watch to track your steps, heart rate, sleep, blood oxygen, skin temperature, stress, and a host of other activities. With the inbuilt GPS, you can map your routes and track your pace and other metrics when you go for an outdoor workout. Unfortunately, the Venu Sq 2 lacks an altimeter and as such can’t count floors climbed.
The Venu Sq 2 is also equipped with a 4GB storage capacity that will allow you to store music onboard the watch. You have the option to stream or download music with Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer.
When your phone is nearby and notifications are enabled for your favorite apps, you get notifications when you receive a message on your phone. Moreover, you can also reply to messages with the quick replies function (android only).
The Venu Sq 2 boasts up to 11 days of battery life with mixed usage and up to 12 days of battery life when battery saver mode is enabled.
Garmin Venu Sq 2 Features
- 1.41 inches AMOLED display, highly interactive and colorful with 2 physical buttons and a touchscreen for navigation.
- Up to 11 days long battery life in smartwatch mode.
- Clock features: Time/date, GPS time sync, auto daylight saving, alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Download watch faces, widgets, data fields, and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Reject calls with preset texts, and also reply to messages with preset replies (Android only).
- Find my phone, watch, and control music on a smartphone with remote camera control also available.
- Rated 5ATM (swim-proof).
- 20mm interchangeable straps with quick release feature.
- Compatible with both Android 7.0+ and iOS 15.0+ devices. Check if your phone is compatible.
- Sync data from your watch to the Garmin Connect community – a thriving community of fitness enthusiasts where you can connect and share.
- Onboard music storage lets you take your favorite tracks with you on the go. You can download music from your favorite apps such as Spotify, Deezer and Amazon Music.
Garmin Venu Sq 2 Activity Tracking Features
- Health monitoring features include:
Tracks your heart rate, sleep (with sleep score), respiratory rate and stress 24/7. Also features a body battery energy monitor that tracks your body energy throughout the day so that you can find the best time to train or rest. Other health monitoring features include hydration tracking which lets you log your water intake, fitness age that gives an estimate of how fit you are compared to your actual age and menstrual cycle tracking for women.
- Safety and tracking features include: LiveTrack which lets you invite others to join in your training goals and incidental fall detection which automatically sends your location to preset emergency contacts when a fall has occurred (phone must be connected to watch to enable this features).
- Activity tracking features include: Steps counter, calories burnt, intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ and distance covered. Also available is Move Bar which displays after a period of inactivity and Auto Goal which gives you a daily goal after learning about your activity level.
- Gym and fitness equipment include: Cardio, HIIT, yoga, pilates, and strength workouts. Available gym profiles include strength, HIIT, cardio and elliptical training, stair stepping, indoor rowing, breathwork, pilates and yoga. Also available is automatic rep counting during exercises.
- Training, planning, and analysis features include: Respiratory rate during yoga and breathwork exercises. Other features include GPS speed and distance, downloadable activity profiles, downloadable training plans, advanced workouts, auto lap, manual lap, auto-scroll, activity history on watch, VO2 max. (run) and customizable data pages.
- Heart rate tracking features include: HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max and HR broadcast data to a paired device.
- Running features include: GPS-based distance, time and pace, run workouts, cadence, foot pod capable, and available run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running.
- Golfing features include , Garmin auto shot, pinpointer, green view with manual pin position, hazards and course targets, digital scorecard, yardage and round timer.
- Outdoor recreational features include: back to start, area calculation, hunt/fish calendar and sun & moon information. Available outdoor recreational profiles include skiing, snowboarding, XC classic skiing, stand-up paddleboarding, rowing and disc golf.
- Cycling features include: Time/distance alerts, speed and cadence sensor support while available cycling profiles include biking and indoor biking. Also compatible with Varia radar and Varia lights.
- Swim tracking features include: Pool swim metrics like lengths, pace, stroke counts and swim efficiency (SWOLF). Other features include stroke type detection, basic rest timer, time/distance alerts and underwater heart rate tracking with pool swimming as the only available swim profile.
- Compact, lightweight and stylish design.
- Up to 11 days long battery life
- A comprehensive fitness tracker.
- Has an AMOLED display.
- Onboard music storage.
- Lacks a microphone and loudspeaker.
- Can’t count floors.
Garmin Venu Sq 2
Garmin Venu Sq
40.6 x 37 x 11.1 mm
Black, Gray, Ivory, White, Cool mint, French gray
320 x 360 pixels
|Custom watch face|
2 Physical buttons, Touchscreen
Galileo, GLONASS, GPS
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
GPS mode: up to 26 hrs, Smartwatch mode: Up to 11 days, Battery saver mode: Up to 12 days
Android 7.0+, iOS 15.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Straps, Garmin Venu Sq 2
There are no reviews yet.