Mi Band 5 Full Specifications, Features and Prices
- Release date:: June, 2020
- Display:: 1.1 inches, AMOLED, 450nits Touchkey
- Body:: TPU, polycarbonate
- Battery Life:: 14/20 days
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|Design:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.4 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.1 / 5)|
Mi Band 5 Full Specifications and Features – Mi Band 5 is the latest smartband from Xiaomi, it succeeds in the very popular Mi Band 4. It comes with new fitness tracking features, the display size is now larger and brighter, while a new method of charging has been introduced.
Xiaomi upgraded the AMOLED powered display size of Mi Band 5 from 0.95 inches of Mi Band 4 to 1.1 inches, the bezel is slimmer and the viewing area is larger and brighter at 450nits maximum brightness. Navigation is still via touchkey. The case material is made of durable polycarbonate material, the straps are made of TPU, while the 2.5D screen is protected by reinforced glass and AF coating and it’s rated 5ATM. Mi Band 5 comes in 6 colors; black, teal, navy blue, orange, yellow, and mint green with black being the standard color.
Mi Band 5 features 100+ custom watch faces which include 54 IP themes such as Spongebob Squarepants, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hatsune Miku, and Detective Conan. This gives users access to more options to choose from.
Mi Band 5 will track your steps, distance, calories, sleep, and heart rate, and is now more accurate with new features added. Xiaomi claims a 40% increase in sleep tracking and a 50% increase in heart rate monitoring. Mi Band 5 will track your sleep in three stages; deep, light, and REM, while it can now detect irregular heartbeat.
It’s also able to track stress levels and can help bring you back to calm through a guild breathing session. Menstrual cycle tracking has also been added, as well as blood oxygen monitoring. More sport modes have also been added making it 11 preset sport modes which include, pool swimming, outdoor cycling, walking, outdoor running, treadmill, freestyle, jump rope, indoor cycling, elliptical, rowing machine, and yoga.
Another newly added feature is the Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health.
Mi Fit app is still your companion app for Mi Band 5, it allows you to manage your fitness goals and setup the device.
Equipped with Bluetooth v5.0, the Mi Band 5 is compatible with both Android and iOS devices and will alert you when there’s a new notification on your phone such as emails, SMS, incoming calls, and other notifications from both native and third-party apps. It also alerts you when you have stayed idle for too long, and can be set to wake you up with a soft vibration.
NFC is present in the Chinese version of Mi Band 5, this enables payment that supports Ali Pay and Union Pay, while it also allows you to use Xiaomi voice assistant that allows users to control smart IoT devices, set alarm clocks, measure heart rate, check the weather, and start exercise routines using voice controls.
Xiaomi has introduced a new charging option to Mi Band 5, instead of removing the band to charge like with older generations, Mi Band 5 can be charged by simply placing the magnetic charger at its back. Xiaomi claims Mi Band 5 will last up to 14 days with continuous usage and 20 days with power-saving mode.
Mi Band 5 Features
- 1.1 inches AMOLED display, 450nits brightness with touchscreen and touchkey support for easy navigation.
- Clock features include time/date, set alarm and reminders.
- Features ability to Unlock phone, find my phone, view music in play on phone, phone muting, do not disturb, calendar reminder, message alerts, sedentary reminders, reject calls, weather forecasts, and remote camera control New.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important notifications updates.
- Rated 5ATM (water resistant up to 50 meters, swim-proof).
- Has a case made of thermoplastic with interchangeable TPU straps.
- Allows you to anwser or reject incoming calls.
- Inbuilt NFC chip supports Ali Pay and Union Pay (China).
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
Mi Band 5 Health and Fitness Tracking Features
- Equipped with a PPG heart rate sensor that tracks your heart rate continuously, and shows your heart rate in real-time to help you manage your training intensity effortlessly.
- Detects irregular heartbeat like very high heart rate and will alert you.
- Tracks your steps, calories, distance and speed.
- Tracks your sleep in light, deep, awake and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- Sedentary reminder function will alert you when you stay idle for too long.
- It recognizes 5 different swim styles and records 12 data sets including swimming pace and stroke count.
- Lacks inbuilt GPS but supports connected GPS to your phone that allows you to track outdoor activities which you van view through the Mi Fit app.
- Monitors your stress level and can help you return to calm through a guided breathing session.
- Features menstrual cycle tracking for women, that allows the tracking of period cycle with alert feature.
- Newly Added: Blood oxygen tracking that helps monitor your blood oxygen saturation level.
- Newly Added: Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health.
- Features 11 preset modes pool swimming, outdoor cycling, walking, outdoor running, treadmill, freestyle, jump rope, indoor cycling, elliptical, rowing machine, and yoga. (5 new)
- Compact, lightweight and stylish design.
- Long battery life.
- NFC for Ali pay and Union Pay (China, Special edition).
- Cheap, yet sturdy.
- A comprehensive health and fitness tracker.
- Lacks inbuilt GPS.
- Lacks always-on display.
Mi Band 5
Mi Band 4
Mi Band 5 NFC version
46.95 x 18.15 x 12.45 mm
11.9 grams (excluding straps)
2.5D Tempered Glass, Bezeless
155 – 216 mm
Black, Mint green, Navy blue, Orange, Teal, Yellow
450nits, AMOLED, Full color
294 x 126 pixel
|Custom watch face|
(connected GPS), No
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Continous usage: 14 days, Regular: 20 days
Android 4.4+, iOS 9.0+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Mi Band 5, Straps
There are no reviews yet.