Mi Band 6 Full Specifications, Features and Prices
- Release date:: April, 2021
- Display:: 1.57 inches, AMOLED, 450nits Touchkey
- Body:: TPU, polycarbonate
- Battery Life:: 14/19 days
- Compatibility:: Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+
|Design:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.6 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.3 / 5)|
|Features:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Mi Band 6 Full Specifications, Features, and Prices – One of the hottest smartband on the market right now is the Mi Band 6, a successor to the very popular and successful Mi Band 5. The new band which is priced at about the same price as its predecessor is now available in China and will be available in other parts of the world in the nearest future. First, there is still no inbuilt GPS in the Mi Band 6 which is a very big disappointment for outdoor workout lovers. However, there are a few additions which include a larger 1.57 inches display, 30 sport modes, and SpO2 blood oxygen tracking. This article will take a look at the full specifications, features, pros, and cons of the Mi Band 6.
Mi Band 6 Design
Starting with the design, the Mi Band 6 is still fitness-focused, compact, and lightweight. It weighs only 12.8 grams. The body is made of thermoplastic while the screen is protected by tempered glass. The straps are made of TPU material and are also interchangeable just like the Mi Band 5.
The 1.57 inches display is powered by AMOLED with a 450nit maximum brightness same as Mi Band 5. Navigation is via the touchscreen support which is accompanied by a touchkey button at the bottom part of the screen. It comes in 6 different colors namely black, blue, orange, yellow, olive, and ivory.
The Mi Band 6 is rated 5ATM which means waterproof rating up to 50 meters. So, it’s safe to wear this smartband to the shower, under the rain, or while swimming.
There are 60 watch faces to choose from in the Mi Fit app, you get numerous types of watch faces for your display pleasure. Some of the watch faces can also be edited directly from the device.
In all, the design of Mi Band 6 is an outstanding one, it inherits a whole lot from the Mi Band 5 with new additions like the slightly bigger display.
Mi Band 6 Fitness Tracking Features
Coming from the Mi Band 5, the Mi Band 6 is also fitness-focused. It’s equipped with an accelerometer, heart rate sensor, and gyroscope that enable a whole bunch of fitness tracking features which include; 24/7 heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, steps counting, and sedentary reminder.
Like mentioned earlier, Mi Band 6 lacks inbuilt GPS, but like its predecessor, you can still track your outdoor activities as long as you carry your phone along.
One of the newly added features is SpO2 blood oxygen tracking – a vital metric that allows you to see how well your blood utilizes oxygen as well as your breathing quality while you sleep. Also, there are now 30 sports modes for you to choose from unlike Mi Band 5 which only featured 11 sport modes. It also has the ability to auto-detect 6 exercises which include running and walking.
Other fitness tracking features include stress monitoring and a breathing app. Menstrual cycle tracking for women is also available alongside the iconic PAI health index – an innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health.
Mi Band 6 Notifications Management
You can manage your notifications with Mi Band 6. It allows you to receive notifications coming to your phone. Although, you can’t reply to messages.
Mi Band 6 Battery Life
Despite having a slightly bigger display than its oredecessor, the Mi Band 6 will go as long as 2 weeks from a single charge with normal usage, while in battery saver mode, you can expect about 19 days of battery life. The charging type is still same magnetic charger as Mi Band 5 which I really like.
Mi Band 6 Features
- 1.57 inches AMOLED display, 450nits with touchscreen and touchkey support.
- Clock features include time/date, set alarm and reminders.
- Unlock phone, find my phone, music control, do not disturb, calendar reminder, message alerts, sedentary reminders, reject calls, weather forecasts, and remote camera control.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you such as emails, SMS and calls, so you never get to miss important updates.
- Rated 5ATM (water resistant up to 50 meters, swim-proof).
- Interchangeable TPU straps.
- Reject incoming call.
- Inbuilt NFC chip supports Ali Pay and Union Pay (China).
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
Mi Band 6 Health and Fitness Tracking Features
- Heart rate sensors tracks your heart rate continuously, and shows your heart rate in real-time to help you manage your training intensity effortlessly.
- Detects irregular/abnormal heartbeat and will alert you.
- Tracks your steps, calories, distance and speed.
- Tracks your sleep in light, deep and REM sleep stages to help you monitor sleep quality.
- Sedentary reminder alerts you when you stay idle for too long.
- It recognizes 5 different swim styles and records 12 data sets including swimming pace and stroke count.
- Connected GPS to your phone allows you to track outdoor activities which you van view through the Mi Fit app.
- Monitors your stress level and can help you return to calm through a guided breathing session.
- Added menstrual cycle tracking for women that allows the tracking of period cycle with alert feature.
- Newly Added: Blood oxygen tracking that helps monitor your blood oxygen saturation level.
- Newly Added: Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI) vitality index; a new, innovative system that converts your heart rate data into a personalized score that indicates the level of activity required in order to maintain good health.
- Features 30 preset modes pool swimming, outdoor cycling, walking, outdoor running, treadmill, freestyle, jump rope, indoor cycling, elliptical, rowing machine, and yoga.
|Custom watch face|
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Find my phone|