The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is a beauty to behold. It’s slimmer, more compact, and weighs a little less than its predecessor, the Galaxy Watch. It also comes with blood oxygen measurement with more features added to the running coach app. While the Galaxy Watch Active 2 and its predecessor, Galaxy Watch Active have a digital rotating bezel, the Galaxy Watch 3 just like its successor, the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic has a physical rotating bezel that allows for effortless navigation. The Galaxy Watch 3 is also available in two sizes; 41mm and 45mm, and in this post, we compare Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 41mm vs 45mm to find out all the differences to help you make the right choice.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) vs (45mm) Full Specifications Comparison
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) Full Smartwatch Specifications, Features and Price
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Full Smartwatch Specifications, Features and Price
|ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE||ABOUT DEVICE|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) (Bluetooth)||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) (Bluetooth)|
|Device type||Fitness/Classic smartwatch||Fitness/Classic smartwatch|
|Release date||August, 2020||August, 2020|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Watch||Samsung Galaxy Watch|
|Versions||Bluetooth, LTE, Titanium||Bluetooth, LTE, Titanium|
|Dimension||42.5 x 41 x 11.3 mm||46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm|
|Weight||48.2g (excluding straps)||53.8g (excluding straps)|
|Case material||Stainless steel 316L||Stainless steel 316L|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel 316L||Stainless steel 316L|
|Strap size||20 mm||22 mm|
|Interchangeable strap||20mm, Yes||22 mm, Yes|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla glass DX+||Corning Gorilla glass DX+|
|Water resistance||Yes, 5ATM||Yes, 5ATM|
|Swim-proof||Yes, recommended||Yes, recommended|
|Color||Mystic bronze, Mystic silver||Mystic black, Mystic silver|
|Display size||1.2 inches||1.4 inches|
|Display type||Super AMOLED, Full color||Super AMOLED, Full color|
|Display resolution||360 x 360 pixel||360 x 360 pixel|
|Pixel density||364 ppi||364 ppi|
|Custom watch face||Yes||Yes|
|Input type||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen||2 Physical buttons, Physical rotating bezel, Touchscreen|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v5.0||Bluetooth v5.0|
|GPS||Galileo, Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU||Galileo, Yes, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Memory card slot||No||No|
|CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY||CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY|
|Third-party apps alert||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)||Yes||Yes|
|ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING||ACTIVITY TRACKING|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Incidental fall detection||Yes||Yes|
|Underwater heart rate tracking||—||—|
|Battery type||Non-removable Li-ion battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Regular: 2 days||Regular: 2 days+|
|Charging type||Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging||Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging|
|Charging time||1-2 hours||1-2 hours|
|Chipset||Exynos 9110||Exynos 9110|
|CPU||Dual core 1.15GHz||Dual core 1.15GHz|
|GPU||Mali™-T720 MP1||Mali™-T720 MP1|
|Operating system||Tizen 5.5||Tizen 5.5|
|Companion app||Samsung Health App||Samsung Health App|
|Compatibility||Android 5.0+ & RAM 1.5GB+, iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+||Android 5.0+ & RAM 1.5GB+, iPhone 5+ and iOS 9.0+|
|Payment system||Samsung Pay||Samsung Pay|
|Voice command||Yes, Bixby||Yes, Bixby|
|Find my phone||Yes||Yes|
|Box content||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Straps||Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Straps|
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) vs (45mm) Differences Compared
|Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm)||Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm)|
|Dimension||42.5 x 41 x 11.3 mm||46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm|
|Display||1.2 inches||1.4 inches|
|Weight||48.2g (41mm)||53.8g (45mm)|
|Battery Life||~2 Days||2 Days|
Both models of the Galaxy Watch 3 have the same features and body materials but differ in the case dimensions, battery capacity, display, colors, and price. The 41mm model has a smaller 1.2 inches display compared to the 1.4 inches of the 45mm unit. The 41mm unit is also more compact and weighs a little less than the 45mm.
While the 41mm unit is available in mystic bronze and silver colors, 45mm is available in mystic black and mystic silver colors.
The 45mm unit of Galaxy Watch 3 has a bigger 340mAh battery capacity compared to 247mAh of 41mm. Samsung claims the 45mm can last up to 2 days with mixed usage, and from experience with the Galaxy Watch where the 46mm has a longer battery life than 42mm due to its larger battery capacity, the 45mm also has a slightly longer battery life than 41mm.
From my various tests, the Galaxy Watch 3 45mm gets me about 2 days of battery life on average.
Prices of 45mm start at $430 for Bluetooth only model, and $480 for the LTE model, while the 41mm price starts at $399 for the Bluetooth model and $430 for the LTE model.
There’s also a titanium model of the Galaxy Watch 3 which is priced higher and weighs less than both the stainless steel edition of the 45mm and 41mm.
Which Should You Buy?
These two offer the same features, the better choice for you will depend on your wrist size. The 41mm model will make a perfect fit for women while the 45mm will be a perfect choice for men and those with fatter wrists.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Features
- 1.4/1.2 inches always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen support, 2 physical buttons and physical rotating bezel.
- 5ATM (50 meters) Swim-proof, eject water from the loudspeaker after immersion in water.
- Over 50000 custom watch faces to choose from.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- 1GB RAM and 8GB storage capacity with support for streaming on Spotify.
- Has microphone and loudspeaker.
- Use Bixby voice assistant to perform simple tasks and control smartthings devices with your voice.
- Contactless payment on the go with Samsung pay.
- Make calls with Bluetooth connection to your phone.
- LTE model is a standalone smartwatches that allows you make and receive calls from the watch independent of your phone.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you like email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, unlock phone, music playback on phone, remote camera control and notifications from third-party apps are beamed to your watch.
- NEW Chat with image and chat history, as well as chat with emoji
- NEW Smart reply analyses your messages and texts to recommend replies.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Fitness Tracking Features
- Continously tracks your steps, calories, distance and floors climbed.
- Comprehensively tracks your sleep in for stages; light, deep, awake and REM.
- Comprehensively tracks your heart rate continuously.
- Tracks your stress and helps you manage stress via guided breathing sessions.
- ECG tracking monitors irregular heart rhythms and can help you detect atrial fibrillations. Cleared by FDA
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- Up to 40 preset workout modes and can auto track 7 of these.
- Blood oxygen saturation monitoring with SpO2 sensors. NEW
- Incidental fall detection will call emergency contacts when the Galaxy Watch 3 detects a fall. NEW
- Tracks your fitness level to show your VO2 Max. NEW
- Features 120 workout home videos that allows you cast workout videos to yout TV and can display your tracked metrics on the TV as you train. NEW