Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Full Specifications, Features, Price
- Release date:: August, 2022
- Display:: 1.4 inches, 450 x 450px
- Body:: 46.5grams
- Battery Life:: 590mAh, ~3 days
- Memory:: 16GB ROM, 1.5GB RAM
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and RAM 1.5GB+
|Design:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Battery:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.6 / 5)|
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Full Specifications – Since the Galaxy Watch 5 is the successor to the Galaxy Watch 4, the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is obviously the successor to the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. The new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro which was released alongside the Galaxy Watch 5 in August 2022 comes in a more durable design and has longer battery life. It is a premium smartwatch built with premium materials such as sapphire glass for the screen and titanium for the case. It also comes with a few interesting features which include a stronger sapphire screen, a new temperature sensor, and longer battery life. Unfortunately, Samsung omitted the physical rotating bezel on the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and replaced it with a digital rotating bezel. Beyond these, the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has the same appearance and dimension as its predecessor. It also has the same display type and activity tracking features as the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.
The Galaxy Watch 5 Pro which succeeds the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is only available in 45mm size but comes in two models; LTE and Bluetooth models. The difference between the LTE and Bluetooth is basically the ability of the LTE model to make and receive calls without your phone. The Bluetooth model can also make and receive calls, but it requires your phone nearby to do that.
The Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has a case made of titanium while the screen is a stronger Sapphire glass. The strap come in silicone material and is compatible with 20mm straps.
Super AMOLED powers the display of the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, it has a touch-sensitive screen and two physical buttons for easy navigation. There are lots of preloaded watch faces, and you can download a lot more from the Google Playstore.
The Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has a 16GB storage capacity out of which about 8GB is available for use. You can add your personal music or add music from popular services such as Youtube Music and Spotify. It has both a microphone and speaker that allows you to make and receive calls from the watch. It also supports Google Assistant and Samsung Bixby voice assistants.
The Galaxy Watch 5 Pro runs on the Wear OS 3.5 platform out of the box with the Samsung’s One UI 4.5 gracing the interface. It has an NFC chip that supports Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
The battery life of the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has been ramped up, Samsung claims, you can get up to 80hrs of battery life on moderate usage.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Features
- Has a 1.4 inches always-on display powered by super AMOLED. Navigation is via touchscreen support and 2 physical buttons.
- Case is made of titanium, the bezel is also made of titanium while straps are made of silicone. The screen is made of sapphire glass.
- It is available in gray and black colors.
- Rated 5ATM (50 meters) Swim-proof and you can eject water from the loudspeaker after immersion in water.
- Watch face is interchangeable, and you can select from preloaded watch faces or choose more from the app store.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- Equipped with 16GB storage capacity allowing you to store your favorite tracks. You can also stream music from popular services like Spotify and Youtube music. To get the best music experience, connect a headphone.
- It is equipped with both a microphone and loudspeaker.
- Features voice assistants like Google Assistant and Bixby by Samsung that will allow you to use your voice to do simple tasks.
- Features on-the-go non-contactless payment with Samsung pay. Google Pay is also available.
- Equipped with both a microphone and speaker, you can make and receive calls directly from the Galaxy watch 5 Pro when you is nearby. With the LTE model, you don’t need your phone nearby to make and receive calls.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you like email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, unlock phone, music playback on the phone, remote camera control, and notifications from third-party apps are beamed to your watch.
- Equipped with 1.5GB RAM and a 5nm W920 Exynos chip which according to Samsung promises faster GPU performance.
- Runs on Wear OS 3.5 out of the box with Samsung’s One UI 4.5 interface that enables a better user experience.
- Its compatible with Android 6.0 or higher, RAM 1.5GB above
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Fitness and Activity Tracking Features
- It will continuously track all the basics such as your steps, calories, distance, and floors climbed.
- Comprehensively tracks your sleep in four stages; light, deep, awake, and REM.
- Comprehensively tracks your heart rate continuously, and will show your average, maximum and resting heart rate.
- Allows you to measure your stress level and can help you manage stress via guided breathing sessions.
- There is an electrical heart sensor that will allow you to take ECG tracking for irregular heart rhythms and can help you detect atrial fibrillations.
- Features blood pressure monitoring that allows you to easily measure your blood pressure directly from the watch. You must calibrate the watch with a traditional cuff to get the best result. You will also need to install the Samsung Health Monitor app to do this.
- There are about 90 preset workout modes for you to choose from with the ability to auto-detect and track 7 of activities.
- It features Spo2 measurement, a feature that allows you to measure your blood oxygen directly from the watch.
- Features incidental fall detection that will call preset emergency contacts when the Galaxy Watch 5 detects a hard fall. It also features an SOS emergency feature that allows you to set emergency contacts the watch will auto call when you press the home button three times. It will also send messages to a preset emergency contact with a link to your location.
- Tracks your fitness level and show your VO2 Max. after working out outdoors.
- There is a hand washing app that will remind you to wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds.
- Features Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) that will allow you to measure your body composition. It will measure your body fat, body water, skeletal muscle mass, and BMI.
- NEW Welcomes a temperature sensor that can help you monitor your body temperature.
- NEW Features new route workout that allows you to import GPX files from your phone.
- NEW Features turn-by-turn navigation the tells you ahead of time when the next turn is approaching. Supports both voice and vibration guidance.
- NEW Features trackback that can help you easily navigate back to your starting point. An easy way to find your back when you’re not familiar with the route.
- Premium and compact GPS smartwatch.
- A comprehensive fitness smartwatch.
- 16GB onboard music storage.
- Loudspeaker and microphone inbuilt.
- Rugged materials; titanium and sapphire, and certified MIL-STD-810G.
- Great performance with Exynos W920 and 1.5GB RAM.
- Not compatible with iOS devices.
- ECG, blood pressure and BIA might not work with non-Samsung phones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
Bluetooth/WiFi only, LTE
45.4 x 45.4 x 10.5 mm
46.5g (excluding straps)
Super AMOLED, Full color
450 x 450
|Custom watch face|
2 Physical buttons, Digital rotating bezel, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|Memory card slot|
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Up to 80hrs
Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging
1.18GHz Dual-core (Cortex-A55)
Wear OS 3.5
Samsung Galaxy Wearable app
Android 6.0+, RAM 1.5GB+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, Straps
There are no reviews yet.