Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) (LTE) Full Specifications, Features, Price
- Release date:: August, 2022
- Display:: 1.2 inches, 396 x 396px
- Body:: 28.7grams
- Battery Life:: 284mAh, ~2 days
- Memory:: 16GB ROM, 1.5GB RAM
- Compatibility:: Android 6.0+ and RAM 1.5GB+
|Design:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Battery:||(3.7 / 5)|
|Fitness tracking:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Features:||(4.9 / 5)|
|Price:||(4.2 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.5 / 5)|
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) (LTE) Full Specifications – The Galaxy Watch 5 is the successor to the Galaxy Watch 4 and it comes with a few interesting features which include a stronger sapphire screen, a new temperature sensor, and longer battery life. Beyond these, the Galaxy Watch 5 has the same appearance and dimension as its predecessor. It also has the same display type and activity tracking features as the Galaxy Watch 4.
Just like the Galaxy Watch 4, the Galaxy Watch 5 comes in two sizes; 40mm and 44mm and each of these two is available in LTE and Bluetooth models. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro which succeeds the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is only available in 45mm size, and it is also available in LTE and Bluetooth models. The difference between the LTE and Bluetooth is basically the ability of the LTE model to make and receive calls without your phone. The Bluetooth model can also make and receive calls, but it requires your phone nearby to do that.
The Galaxy Watch 5 has a case made of armor aluminum, however, the screen is a stronger Sapphire glass while the straps come in silicone materials. The straps of both the 44mm and 40mm units are compatible with 20mm straps.
Super AMOLED powers the display of the Galaxy Watch 5, it has a touch-sensitive screen and two physical buttons for easy navigation. There are lots of preloaded watch faces, and you can download a lot more from the Google Playstore.
The Galaxy Watch 5 has a 16GB storage capacity out of which about 8GB is available for use. You can add your personal music or add music from popular services such as Youtube Music and Spotify. It has both a microphone and speaker that allows you to make and receive calls from the watch. It also supports Google Assistant and Samsung Bixby voice assistants.
The battery life of the Galaxy Watch 5 has been ramped up, Samsung claims, you can get up to 50hrs with the 44mm unit. The 40mm unit with a smaller battery capacity has a shorter battery life of about 40hrs.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) (LTE) Features
- Has a 1.2 inches always-on display powered by super AMOLED. Navigation is via touchscreen support and 2 physical buttons.
- Case is made of armor aluminum, the bezel is also made of armor aluminum while straps are made of fluoroelastomer. The screen is made of sapphire glass.
- It is available in graphite, silver, and pink-gold colors.
- Rated 5ATM (50 meters) Swim-proof and you can eject water from the loudspeaker after immersion in water.
- Watch face is interchangeable, and you can select from preloaded watch faces or choose more from the app store.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G- US military grade rating for shock.
- Equipped with 16GB storage capacity allowing you to store your favorite tracks. You can also stream music from popular services like Spotify and Youtube music. To get the best music experience, connect a headphone.
- It is equipped with both a microphone and loudspeaker.
- Features voice assistants like Google Assistant and Bixby by Samsung that will allow you to use your voice to do simple tasks.
- Features on-the-go non-contactless payment with Samsung pay. Google Pay is also available.
- LTE model is a standalone smartwatch that allows you to make and receive calls and receive messages independent of a smartphone.
- Keeps you connected to all that matters to you like email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, unlock phone, music playback on the phone, remote camera control, and notifications from third-party apps are beamed to your watch.
- Equipped with 1.5GB RAM and a 5nm W920 Exynos chip which according to Samsung promises faster GPU performance.
- Runs on Wear OS 3.5 out of the box with Samsung’s One UI 4.5 interface that enables a better user experience.
- Its compatible with Android 6.0 or higher, RAM 1.5GB above
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Fitness Tracking Features
- It will continuously track all the basics such as your steps, calories, distance, and floors climbed.
- Comprehensively tracks your sleep in four stages; light, deep, awake, and REM.
- Comprehensively tracks your heart rate continuously, and will show your average, maximum and resting heart rate.
- Allows you to measure your stress level and can help you manage stress via guided breathing sessions.
- There is an electrical heart sensor that will allow you to take ECG tracking for irregular heart rhythms and can help you detect atrial fibrillations.
- Features blood pressure monitoring that allows you to easily measure your blood pressure directly from the watch. You must calibrate the watch with a traditional cuff to get the best result. You will also need to install the Samsung Health Monitor app to do this.
- There are about 90 preset workout modes for you to choose from with the ability to auto-detect and track 7 of activities.
- It features Spo2 measurement, a feature that allows you to measure your blood oxygen directly from the watch.
- Features incidental fall detection that will call preset emergency contacts when the Galaxy Watch 5 detects a hard fall. It also features an SOS emergency feature that allows you to set emergency contacts the watch will auto call when you press the home button three times. It will also send messages to a preset emergency contact with a link to your location.
- Tracks your fitness level and show your VO2 Max. after working out outdoors.
- There is a hand washing app that will remind you to wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds.
- Features Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) that will allow you to measure your body composition. It will measure your body fat, body water, skeletal muscle mass, and BMI.
- NEW Welcomes a temperature sensor that can help you monitor your body temperature.
- Stylish, very compact and lightweight.
- A comprehensive fitness smartwatch.
- 16GB onboard music storage.
- Loudspeaker and microphone inbuilt.
- A rugged and durable device certified MIL-STD-810G.
- Wear OS gives you access to more apps.
- Great performance with Exynos W920 and 1.5GB RAM.
- A standalone smartwatch
- Not compatible with iOS devices.
- ECG, blood pressure and BIA might not work with non-Samsung phones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) (LTE)
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Bluetooth/WiFi only, LTE
40.4 x 39.3 x 9.8 mm
28.7g (excluding straps)
Graphite black, Pink-gold, Silver
Super AMOLED, Full color
396 x 396 pixels
|Custom watch face|
2 Physical buttons, Digital rotating bezel, Touchscreen
Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|Memory card slot|
GSM / HSPA / LTE
|Third-party apps alert|
|Pulse oximeter (SpO2)|
|Heart rate monitoring|
|Incidental fall detection|
|Underwater heart rate tracking|
Non-removable Li-ion battery
Up to 50hrs
Charging dock, WPC based wireless charging
1.18GHz Dual-core (Cortex-A55)
Wear OS 3.5
Samsung Galaxy Wearable app
Android 6.0+, RAM 1.5GB+
|Find my phone|
Charger, Manual, Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Straps